WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
I think you need to ask yourself, "Does it wear comfortable?" and, "do you constantly find yourself fiddling and adjusting it on your wrist all the time?"

I have found, now that I'm wearing my 36mm Timex's more, that because they are so small and light, they disappear on wrist and I generally don't find myself adjusting them much.

Can't say as much with my larger watches, particularly the autos, they feel like bricks, and are constantly shifting either around the wrist or down my arm unless I cinch the strap tight, which creates other comfort issues in itself.

These are the things you should take note of, other than how it LOOKS, when determining if your watches may be too large for you.

I can imagine that if I posted pics of any of my 43-46mm watches on wrist, the majority of people would comment they look too big, and my wrist is a pretty average 7".

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
The Tudor looks amazing. The IWC looks big, which is a shame. Although, in fairness, the Portugieser Chrono you posted looks too large on on many wrists.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Size is a personal preference. From my eye when the lugs seem to be wider than your wrist the watch looks too big, or the wrist looks too small. But everything, is a personal preference. If my wrist were this size, I would be rocking the pages of fabulous vintage watches looking for classics that were 34, 35, 36, 37 mm. My wrist is 8.5 inches so I have the different problem. In the wrist watch world I would rather be one who can wear those classic watches that I could get pre owned, would rarely look at a new watch unless it was 36mm. Without spending much time looking, here is a beautiful 35mm IWC Portugieser.

Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Rectangle

·
Registered
388 Posts
IMO yes too big.

But according to fashion it fits you. Honestly, if you love the watch that much and they don’t make it in a smaller size I’d get it. I couldn’t care less what Watch nerds thought about what I wore.

·
Registered
219 Posts
According to the watch companies big watches are so hot right now. So, go big or go home!

Also never understand how folks are constantly saying “that watch is too big for you” but GShocks exist with reckless abandon.
G-shocks have different fit rules, and rightfully so. Nobody would expect the same fit from a wrist computer as with a watch.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Both the IWC and the Tudor are too big.

Seems the trend (which may be just that- a trend, someday to disappear as reason triumphs again) these days is to buy the watch you like and rationalize it instead of wearing the watch that fits. Especially for guys with smaller wrists in a world of 42mm watches.

Here's a 38mm watch on a 6.75" flat-ish wrist. Forgive the poor quality shot- the watch is a Hamilton Khaki Air Race, 45mm lugs.

Watch Hand Arm Analog watch Gadget

Not only do the lugs not hang over the wrist edges, there's a ratio of wrist edge to lugs that makes the fit just right. If your lugs get too close to the edges of your wrists (let alone hang over them), that balance is lost. That's a classic grown man fit, no need to ask if it's too big.

·
Registered
410 Posts
G-shocks have different fit rules, and rightfully so. Nobody would expect the same fit from a wrist computer as with a watch.
Can you please direct me to the location of these rules you speak of. I am most eager to review them. How do I petition for membership on the rules committee?

This wrist computer is quite compact and feature rich and compact.
Watch Hand Product Gesture Communication Device

·
Registered
219 Posts
Can you please direct me to the location of these rules you speak of. I am most eager to review them. How do I petition for membership on the rules committee?
Nah.

You don't see a difference, I'm not going to waste time trying.

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you think you look fat you probably do.....in general that it's.
Seriously - this watch is way too big for this style, if should have been 4 mm smaller in the first place and it shows on your wrist - you need a max bill.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts