WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it wrong to want to buy a new Rolex bruiser just months after acquiring my first Rolex a DSSD? I have several Omegas including 2 Speedies and PO chronograph but this DSSD is a different ball game. I wanted the all out mother of all dive watches and I got it. I love it. These new bracelets are so sweet and the ceramic mmmmm. I just can't take my eye off of that GMT Master II. I stopped a AD to fondle it again and they have 30 months 0%. I don't normally finance toys but, 0% is free money!!! and if I am going to eventually get one anyway……see where I'm going with this? Whats the harm? Also price increase coming in 3 weeks. I wonder if I will like the smaller size as I mainly wear PO 45.5 chrono and DSSD. Asking you guys to be the voice of reason may be like fuel on fire. Wha haha. Will the black and blue be more collectable than others ….who knows
so is this wrong to think about doing?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I was going to tell you that if you had enough money, the answer is "no, that's fine" - if you have to put a luxury hobby purchase on financing, however, you don't have enough money to buy at that time. Rolex will made the GMTs for years to come.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then I could have the 3 watch thing going. Not a bad Idea. I would not have to or want to finance a watch, but I am a sucker for 0%. It is their trick and it works. Why use your money? "we will let you use your 10,000 or so on investments whatever for 2.5 years"…lol sneaky I feel like I win and they sell a watch. Yeah, I don't need another really! just get in the zone where it almost makes sense. But, not really. ha!
I would put on sale 2 Omegas, Buy the GMT II with the 0% and as soon as your omegas sell pay it off.

Good Luck

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Go for it if you won't miss the money and other aspects of life won't suffer, but it's a long commitment and things in life do and can change, BUT personally given your current collection I would save the money as you may change mind as it has done already. There's no rush, you already have nice watches, relax enjoy them

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Never finance more than 3-4 months of payments, that way you won't owe on it forever, and if something should go wrong, you can back out (at a loss, but at least you won't owe so much). YMMV.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Reactions: Rob Roberts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
30 months to pay at no cost is a good deal, considering 0 interest and that you're still paying it off, they're foregoing earning interest. If you have the lump sum it would still be a good deal to take the offer. I don't know your living situation and won't pry. Do you want it? Can you afford the payments? Read the fine print.

You wouldn't be putting it on hold because you cannot afford it; you'd be taking advantage of a good deal. You can always sell any of your watches and at least recoup most of your money if you have a change of heart down the road.

It comes down to whether or not you want it. If you do, this is a good way to buy it.

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
0% for 30 months is a steal. Do it! Remember people drink and piss their money away everyday and have nothing to show for but a belly. If you can control that then your justified.
This. That's exactly what I do, then spend money on the gym to burn it all off, then money on protein powder to put muscle back on. And I could've had a shiny new Rolex in that time!! Or 3, probably :think:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Wrong ?..... Nah. Maybe a bit greedy ;-), but not wrong per say.
0% for 30 months - Yes please. That's the sort of deal I'm looking for, for my next 'objective' :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
DO IT!! The blue/black dial is awesome. Looks great with everything, especially other watches. You know what, its amazing how much I tell myself, "ok, not another watch for a while", and then that "a while" becomes shorter and shorter.

Story time: I grew up in a family that was very good with their money. and by good, I mean didn't spend a thing. 31 years later, I realize all of the fun that was missed as a kid. No vacations, no video games, no splurges. We weren't poor by any means, but as I grew up, I learned what it is to save, have a budget, and respect the value of money. To one person, any watch could be worthless. To us, we see the true value of what it is. It may cost you 10k, but be worth 100k to you over your lifetime. Money well spent in my book.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts