WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing a Tissot Le Locle through Mr. Watch (via Amazon), and would appreciate hearing any feedback anyone has about them as a seller. I recently put in an order for the same watch through Jomashop, but canceled it today after being informed that the watch, which was supposedly "in stock," was back-ordered and would take several weeks to ship.

In the alternative, I would also be interested in hearing any recommendations for reputable online dealers who may sell the Tissot Le Locle (T41148353).

I would appreciate any and all advice. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
If it's going thru Amazon...No problem

·
Registered
388 Posts
Bought 3 watches from them in the last couple of months. Returned one (didn't look like what I saw advertised). Haven't tested the "365 days return policy" but I got excellent customer service.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
There are a lot of trusted online retailers we've all used, but I don't know if they all sell Tissot...

Try these:
www.creationwatches.com
Luxury Watches, Jewelry and Accessories | Movado, Ebel, Tag Heuer, Concord, Bulova, Breitling, Seiko, ESQ, Cartier, Corum, Kenneth Cole, Citizen, Bulgari, Chopard | Ashford.com
Watches Seiko Watches Citizen Watches Casio Watches Bulova Watches Fossil Watches Jewelry-Watches Invicta Watches, Men's Watches, Women's Watches
www.timelesswatchexchange.com

You could also hit up www.chrono24.com if you're open to buying used. I have many others, but I'm not at home, so I don't have my favorites list available...

·
Banned
6,316 Posts
if you're too concerned, throw an additional $14 bucks and get it from Jomashop... problem solved

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Chrono24.com is are currently asking $500 for a used Le Locle. Not a chrono, nothing out of the ordinary about it!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the advice and suggestions. I pulled the trigger, and it is scheduled to arrive later this week. I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Chrono24.com is are currently asking $500 for a used Le Locle. Not a chrono, nothing out of the ordinary about it!
Yeah, there's some crazy prices on chrono24. You have to be careful and know what you're looking for. But there are deals to be had too. It's like eBay in my mind. Hit or miss.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I've bought from MrWatch. It's been a couple of years, but had no problems.

·
Premium Member
21,596 Posts
Do post photos of the dial and caseback when you receive it. There are unfortunately rather good fakes of the Tissot Le Locle.

·
Premium Member
21,596 Posts
Thanks for the advice/warning mleok. I will post photos as soon as it arrives.
You'll probably be fine with MrWatch, but there were a bunch of eBay sellers who were passing off fake Tissot Le Locles and PRC200s as the genuine item. Apparently, Tissots are very popular in China.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I got my white dial/black strap LeLocle from Amazon two months ago, through Jomashop... The box was labeled for the white dial, but inside was the black dial (nobody thought to check if what was in the box was actually what was supposed to be in the box). Anyway, returning was easy and after a week the right watch came. This was my 4th watch through Amazon, and the first screw-up. You've got to expect it to happen sometimes, but they took care of it.

LeChateu 7075M, Fossil FS 4663, Invicta 3044 Grand Diver, Citizen AT1183-07A, SeikoSportura SNAE69P2, Tissot Le Locle (white/black)
Downthe road—Longines Hydroconquest

·
Banned
107 Posts
I've purchased from Mr.Watch some time back , delivery was fast i remember

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do post photos of the dial and caseback when you receive it. There are unfortunately rather good fakes of the Tissot Le Locle.
I received the Le Locle from Mr. Watch today. It got here on time - I selected two day shipping and it came in two days. I have a couple of concerns about the packaging though. There was no manual in the box, and the warranty card has a reference number whited out (as in it was written in pen on the warranty card, and someone put whiteout over it). Furthermore, the time was set and ticking when I received it, which (I think) is abnormal.

The most important question is whether it is authenticate. I just put up a post in the Tissot forum with pictures:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f62/assistance-authenticating-tissot-le-locle-882474-post6489888.html#post6489888

I will let people know what the outcome is. Given the price, I can forgive the problems with packaging if it is authenticate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts