WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My watch box sits across from my desk so I have the opportunity to stare at my watches a lot. Over the past couple of weeks I've had this somewhat nagging feeling that my watch collection is kind of boring. I'm looking to add something new that's a little less casual than what I already have and everything I like is pretty standard black or white dial, normal looking round case, etc (think NOMOS and similar). I feel a little like I need something different. Something that will pop out more. Something that Gary123 would buy (but decidedly less expensive). I keep thinking I should buy something on the lower price scale (Orient?) in a really loud color so if I fall out of love with it quickly I won't be out much. I do love all of my watches and won't be getting rid of any of them any time soon. Does my collection lack imagination or am I being hyper-critical? What could I buy that would be a 'change of pace' from what I already have?

3.jpg 2.jpg
1.jpg 4.jpg

·
Registered
810 Posts
no watch collections are boring to watch enthusiasts. Most other collections for that matter, whether it be hats, pens, diecast cars, guitars, rings or toys, if you show these collections to someone who appreciates it, they will see interesting things to talk about before seeing boring aspects of the collection.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
That Ananta isn't boring.......

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
You could add a Hamilton Pan Europ which (if not Gary approved) certainly has some wrist presence at 45mm.

View attachment 1136961

I think this is an excellent suggestion. I have begun to love the looks of the Pan Europ and believe it is an excellent addition to any collection.

Either way, as long as you enjoy your collection that's all that matters. Like someone mentioned before, no collection is dull or boring to an enthusiast.

Keep the pics coming and keep adding to your flock. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: jhunter3

·
Registered
683 Posts
You need to spice things up a bit, buy a couple of 55MM invictas, according to their salesman, it even looks great on a 6 1/2 inch wrist!

All jokes aside I think your collection is great but as a watch enthusiast, we are never happy and we always feel as if we are missing something. That itch will never go away and keep burning a hole in our wallet :)

·
Registered
1,941 Posts

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
My watch box sits across from my desk so I have the opportunity to stare at my watches a lot. Over the past couple of weeks I've had this somewhat nagging feeling that my watch collection is kind of boring. I'm looking to add something new that's a little less casual than what I already have and everything I like is pretty standard black or white dial, normal looking round case, etc (think NOMOS and similar). I feel a little like I need something different. Something that will pop out more. Something that Gary123 would buy (but decidedly less expensive). I keep thinking I should buy something on the lower price scale (Orient?) in a really loud color so if I fall out of love with it quickly I won't be out much. I do love all of my watches and won't be getting rid of any of them any time soon. Does my collection lack imagination or am I being hyper-critical? What could I buy that would be a 'change of pace' from what I already have?
Very useful/functional collection. I dig it

·
Registered
482 Posts
While you four watches are far from identical, they are similar enough to be accused of being "boring." Maybe a different size, color (not blue or black) and style could shake it up a little.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Nice little collection, so far. Why not check out G-Shock and Swatch? Lots of fun for not much money.

~Sherry.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Your chronos are boring in the sense that they are not very original - the hammy is abit more interesting but it looks dated. I would replace them with a symmetric bi-compax, tri-compax or some other original designs. Some examples:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice little collection, so far. Why not check out G-Shock and Swatch? Lots of fun for not much money.

~Sherry.
i have a G-Shock I just didn't take a picture of it. It's all black with a negative display.

I like the MeisterSinger suggestion. I've been looking at single-handers a lot recently but I don't know if that's "different" enough.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts