WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys & girls,

I've recently just bought a NOMOS metro in the grey market and after doing a accuracy test I was concerned that I may have a fake although a VERY convincing fake. I was originally not too concerned as the warranty card had an AD stamp and signature, but it wasn't until I sat down again to read it I noticed that the description on the warranty card does not match the watch!

Let me explain my issues.

1. warranty card description of case number (1273?)does NOT match case number (1276) **please see photos**
  2. When power reserve is fully white, I get 24 hrs power.
  3. After 24 hrs of running on flat surface in the same position I lose approx 6 seconds compared to my phone.
  4. The hair spring does not look blue to the naked eye, nor photos.

Every thing else looks exact. **see photos**
  1. NOMOS glashutte made in germany on the front
  2. NOMOS engraved on crown.
  3. 23 rubine on back
  4. NOMOS GLASHUTTE DEUTSCHE UHRENWERKE on back
  5. MADE IN GERMANY very small writing under/near the balance wheel.

I'm currently doing another power test to see how long it runs for, as I may not have originally wound it enough.

ANY HELP would be great, looking forward to hearing your opinions. I bought this off a seller on chrono24 (Ive seen his name mentioned on forums before) who says trusted, and the reply to emails have been exceptional, although my concerns escalated when I noticed the warranty card did not match the watch case.

THANKS.

6.jpg 13.jpg 10.jpg 9.jpg 8.jpg 3.jpg

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Everything looks correct to me, including the strap. However, I'm not sure how to reconcile the inconsistencies you noted. The warranty card number could be a simple error. As for power reserve, be sure you are winding to a full stop. Nice watch; hope everything works out.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,122 Posts
Looks ok to me, warranty card is wrong of course. According to NOMOS power reserve should be about 43 hrs. So IF fully wound THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG.

BTW: You should avoid to publish pics of any AD stamp on the www so that the manufacturer can see where the grey market dealer got his watch from. NOMOS might take action against Böhnlein in Bayreuth.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just check the internet if there are any fakes at all from this model....

Some fakes are really good (Rolex, Omega) but some others are terrible (Fortis, for example)

So if you find hardly any info aboot this watch as a fake, it sure won't be one!

An apple a day, keeps the doctor away...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
As others have mentioned, Watch looks legit, that power reserve of 24 hours is not up to snuff though. Watch is not working properly. -6 seconds per day is nothing to lose sleep over

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,

I'll monitor the power reserve and ensure I wind fully and provide the feedback. Also the chrono dealer responded very fast to my question about the warranty card vs watch case and requested pictures.

So I'm sure its just a mistake, once fully resolved I'l be sure to give my honest feed back regarding the seller good or bad.

Thanks the watch is everything + more I hoped it would be. Although I got a little concerned over the issues I mentioned so I had to curb my enthusiasm for the watch for the time being, HOPEFULLY just a user error.

What type of deviation in time would we be expecting to see with NOMOS ? if anyone can give me their experience with the swing system that would be great.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
SJCJ,

Wind the watch until it stops winding. There is no questioning this.
It will stop and will not be able to be wound anymore. You won't break it or over wind it.
You will most definitely know when to stop.

Only at that point can you judge your power reserve.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
BTW: You should avoid to publish pics of any AD stamp on the www so that the manufacturer can see where the grey market dealer got his watch from. NOMOS might take action against -------- in --------.
Probably shouldn't name them in the response.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Not true at all. There is a very affordable homage, popular on the forums, that has a different name on the dial. It is the same watch that has previously been a counterfeit, copying the name of the original on the dial.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Not true at all. There is a very affordable homage, popular on the forums, that has a different name on the dial. It is the same watch that has previously been a counterfeit, copying the name of the original on the dial.
Rodina? did not know that was previously branded as Nomos. I do not consider an "homage" counterfeit

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I don't either. From what I've read though, before (or maybe concurrent with) Rodina production, the same watches were being sold by replica dealers, with the Nomos name on the dial.

·
Registered
779 Posts
SJCJ,

Wind the watch until it stops winding. There is no questioning this.
It will stop and will not be able to be wound anymore. You won't break it or over wind it.
You will most definitely know when to stop.

Only at that point can you judge your power reserve.
This.
Do you stop winding when the power reserve shows "full"? Keep winding.
Just checking.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,122 Posts
I doubt nomos is being counterfeited, not enough brand recognition
Wrong, you get a fake for $88 on the www. The brand recognition increased extremely in the last two years which is mirrored by the huge investments made by Nomos.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Wrong, you get a fake for $88 on the www. The brand recognition increased extremely in the last two years which is mirrored by the huge investments made by Nomos.
perhaps though I still think the only people who've heard of nomos are the ones on this site and the villagers of glashutte. that said the posted pics pass my eye test and a $88 version likely wouldn't. how many "is this ALS real" threads have I had to look at with an extremely crude looking movement, because that doesn't give it away? bottom line my far from expert opinion believes the metro posted as genuine

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've seen the replicas you speak about, but never of the metro...can you PM me more info?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Separate issues. I'm not saying the one in the OP is fake, I'm just saying there are plenty out there that are. It has become a common counterfeit, as a brand. I don't know about the model in the OP though, I haven't seen of heard of any of those being faked.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
See post above. I wasn't saying the one in the OP is fake, nor have I seen any counterfeits of that model. That said, it is definitely not something I go looking around for though. I'd have no interest in a counterfeit, short of making sure I wasn't getting one if I could afford the real thing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts