WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gents, I have a Two-toned Omega Seamaster 200m Pre-Bond with a 1441 movement that I believed was the real deal, but would like to post photos to be sure as I am now having doubts. It was an eBay purchase and the seller has 100% feedback, but he is not a watch guy so even he could have been fooled over the years. I need to say YES and keep it or NO and return it to him.

I am sorry about the quality of the snaps. The iPhone is all I have access to right now. Also, the date had started to change, hence the 5 being off center. My bad.

eBay auction # is: 141206186951
Omega Seamaster Professional 18K Stainless Two Tone Pre Bond 200 Meters | eBay

First pic is the 1441 movement. I am concerned about this as it does not match two photos available online of this movement. The case, bracelet, hands, bezel, etc. all seem genuine. But was a fake movement put into this case?

Scroll down to POST #5 for more pics of this movement vs. pics of this movement from the net. I NEED EXPERTS TO WEIGH IN PLEASE!

1441 clear small.JPG

And here are other shots of the watch, which looks beautiful and seems genuine in regards to case, band, hands, etc...

Omega_200m_front.jpeg

Omega_200m_03.jpeg

eBay auction pics...

This caseback looks genuine, but it looks like the caseback used on later production runs of the pre-bond.
$_3.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Is my Omega Seamaster Pro 200m Pre-Bond the real deal? Need to be sure before leaving eBay feedb

MODS! I somehow posted in the wrong place! PLEASE MOVE IT OVER FOR ME! i do not know how.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Re: Is my Omega Seamaster Pro 200m Pre-Bond the real deal? Need to be sure before leaving eBay feedb

Here is my 1441 movement in the midsized champagne preBond watch...you can see the TWO silver capacitors....

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Your pic is not showing up.

I am now troubled. The largest resource for this particular model is this link:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f45/fair...ega-seamaster-200-pre-bond-series-316149.html

Now I also see this WatchUseek forum thread on the 1441:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f9/omega-1441-variations-watches-using-383623.html

Here is 1441 movement...
My_1441.jpg

And here is a pic of one from WatchUseek...
273005d1270381223-omega-1441-variations-watches-using-1441_seamastergolds.jpg

Note it looks similar to mine, but does not have 1441 printed on that bottom piece. Here is another pic of another 1441 movement...

movement.jpg

·
Registered
2,462 Posts

Looks fine to me, like the one I mentioned here https://www.watchuseek.com/f9/omega-1441-variations-watches-using-383623.html it probably had its electronic circuit replaced at some point but the good news is that its a circuit with TC (thermal compensation, with 0.33 spm adjustment steps) like the original one.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts

I think slight differences in manufacturing over the years are normal, so I wouldn't expect all 1441s to look 100% identical to each other. Ask yourself - would someone faking this watch go to all the trouble of making the movement near identical when most people never open the caseback anyway, or would then simply put in a cheap quartz movement to save money?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts

The 1441 was only used by Omega for two years, 1987 and 1988, before downgrading (not thermocompensated) to the similar 1438 (still used as the 1538) so there are no manufacturing differences to be expected. Again, the electronic module probably went bad and was swapped for the one used in the Longines VHP. Not original, but just as good and wouldn't bother me in the least. If they had slapped in the electronic module of the 1438 an HAQ purist would be annoyed, others ? Not so much ;-)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thank you to all for the informed opinions. I can now rest easy. I'm a newbie and therefore like a newborn babe, ready to be filled with knowledge.

And at this moment I am a content Omega owner.

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts

Thank you to all for the informed opinions. I can now rest easy. I'm a newbie and therefore like a newborn babe, ready to be filled with knowledge.

And at this moment I am a content Omega owner.
I didn't even know thermocompensated quartz existed back then. You learn a lot from these guys if you stick around!!
Enjoy your new watch!

Chibatastic

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Gents,

I have more information on the movement in my Pre-Bond. It is 100% genuine and 100% Omega. Apparently for a short while a non-thermocompensated version of the 1441 was used before Omega switched to the 1438. The movement number and case number have been checked with Omega and they have definitively stated it's A-okay. There is no doubt.

So how's that for an interesting turn of events?

This is the movement. If you find one in your Omega Seamaster Pre-Bond, it's meant to be there and likely the most rare of all movements used in the Pre-Bond.

1441_seamastergolds_hybrid.jpg

·
Registered
2,462 Posts

Glad to hear that Omega say it's ok, but I suggest you reread what we posted in reply to your question...because there is no such thing as "non-thermocompensated version of the 1441", the 1441 IS a TC movement, and yours IS a TC movement.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Well it is possible I heard the information wrong. What I do know is that Tom Nebits has the watch and looked into it with Omega. We all know Nesbits' reputation, so it's with 100% certainty my Omega is completely genuine, both inside and out.

The outer part was never in doubt. :-!

Once I serviced and back in my hands I'll post pics.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts

There was no doubt as to the movement either, well the circuit was swapped out for a genuine ETA part used on the Longines VHP as the 1441 circuit had likely been discontinued when the original one went bad, but that's the normal course of action, again, reread the replies you got for the details ;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts