WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,053 Posts
...usually with a watch like that if you have to ask it probably isn't.
That's exactly the sort of thing that went through my mind as soon as I read the thread title - before opening the thread, that is!!

Threads like this almost invariably end up with the message "No, it isn't."

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
I would add if you need to ask, then no.

and again in your case a resounding NO!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen an example of a Patek Philippe that was made of anything other than gold...

I suppose it's possible that some of them are made of platinum, though. :-x

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,053 Posts
Oh, there are steel ones around. Which leads to an interesting phenomenon: on some references, the steel ones are more expensive than the gold ones. E.g. the chronograph Ref. 1463, the only vintage waterproof and antimagnetic Patek chronograph. Value in yellow gold: up to ca. 150 000 Euros, value in steel: up to ca. 240 000 Euros.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Well, the strap looks like it might be authentic. There's something I guess. Even if not authentic, it's worth more than the watch.
LOL
I doubt it. Try buying an original PF strap!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
100% fake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
1) Welcome to WUS.

2) Sorry, it's fake as Hell.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Oh, there are steel ones around. Which leads to an interesting phenomenon: on some references, the steel ones are more expensive than the gold ones. E.g. the chronograph Ref. 1463, the only vintage waterproof and antimagnetic Patek chronograph. Value in yellow gold: up to ca. 150 000 Euros, value in steel: up to ca. 240 000 Euros.

Hartmut Richter
That's interesting. Are they more expensive because they (the steel versions) are more rare? Or do you mean that they are more expensive because they have the added comforts of waterproofing and antimagnetic?

I didn't doubt that there are stainless steel PPs out there, but I've never really researched Patek Philippe, so I've only ever seen the ones that I run into while browsing eBay.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts