WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me preface this by saying that I'm new here and generally uninformed about watches, so please keep that in mind as you try to decipher my concerns of this Tissot Quickster Chronograph being fake, bought from Jomashop.

So, after some research on watches, we decided to purchase the Tissot Quickster (T095.417.11.067.00) from Jomashop for my dad as a Christmas gift. I read some reviews, watched some videos, and figured this would be a nice watch for him. I also researched the movement (G10 211) and how the chronograph functions because as I said, I'm clueless on watches.

We received the watch from Jomashop just a couple of days ago, and I noticed that the 1/10 second counter acts unlike the other Quicksters that I've seen on Youtube and in stores. The 1/10 second counter just rapidly spins when you start the chronograph. I was under the impression that the 1/10 counter would move only after the chronograph was stopped. I do believe that is the standard function of G10 211 movement.

I read the the G10 212 movement that is found in the V8 Chronograph models actually have the 1/10 second counter moving rapidly for maybe 1 min? I looked at Tissot's website to see if they've been using the 212 in the Quickster and I can't find anything that says that; in fact, on their website it says that the movement is in fact the 211. Jomashop's website also says it's a G10 211 movement.

Can anyone confirm my suspicions of this being a fake from Jomashop or is this authentic and I'm just missing the info that says Tissot has changed the movement but not updated their website? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a manual, but it doesn't specify the movement of the 1/10 second counter, just more or less how to operate a G10 movement chronograph.

My concern is more with the movement of the 1/10 second counter, as it does not seem to correspond to how a G10 211 is supposed to move, which is what this watch is supposed to have.

·
Premium Member
71,472 Posts
Joma is unlikely to have supplied you with a fake. Have you let the chrono run? Because some subs spin like mad to record 100ths of a second then after a bit settle down to show just the 10ths of a second.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, we've let the chrono run a good bit. It's also worth noting that the 1/10 second counter spins for exactly 1 min and then stops, which i believe is just like the movement in the G10.212. My concern is that I'm not sure Tissot has ever made a Quickster Chronograph with that movement, only the 211. At least, that's all i can find online.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Jomashop is a reputable dealer, I have bought watches from them in the past including a few Tissot and a Fortis, it's highly unlikely that your watch is a fake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Quickster (bought in November last year) had the 1/10th second hand spinning only for the first minute and the V8 chronograph which I recently purchased also does the same thing.

But I did notice that the G10.212 seconds hand more accurately follows the markings when compared to the G10.211 in my Quickster.

Hope that helps...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts