WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends,

I recently purchased this watch off of Ebay for my girlfriend for her birthday. She's been wanting a diver watch for a while now and this seemed like a perfect option for her slender wrists while looking pretty cool.
However, I discovered AFTER the fact that victorinox watches can be faked. I sure hope that mine isn't. However, the seller did put on his page a 30 day money back guarantee. Can anyone confirm here if the watch is real? I have included the tags and back of the case. Note that the manual doesn't say "Victorinox Maverick," and rather says "Victorinox I.N.O.X. and 3-hand". I'm hoping they use that same manual for all 3 hand watches they sell.
I realize I shouldn't have bought it off the Bay...I didn't think $200 watches would be faked to be completely honest.

Model: Victorinox Maverick Ladies 34mm 241701

Thank you for your time. Images below:

666dsw32d.jpg 1243sssdttt.jpg 23432sss.jpg 1243ss.jpg 234kl2jaa.jpg 345kljhbsnr.jpg 4jkjdnmk4j.jpg 21kljkdj.jpg

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I'm no expert but it looks legit to me. The guide is for 3 handers which this watch us so it also fits.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm no expert but it looks legit to me. The guide is for 3 handers which this watch us so it also fits.

Thank you for the quick reply!
I agree, the quality looks good. The only 3 things that are throwing me off are:
1. The back seems to look different than the other maverick's I'm seeing online. The Victorinox symbol looks a bit different on those, but everything else looks exactly the same. Even the links and crown protector.
2. Lume seems weak..
3. The clasp is EXTREMELY hard to push open

The caseback is what's really irking me right now. Maybe I'm just being extra paranoid, but I would really not like to gift my girlfriend a fake watch. I'm sure you all can understand.

·
Registered
10,859 Posts
It looks exactly like a real Maverick should, only smaller ;-)

I can only compare against a men's Maverick GS but:

1. The back looks exactly like the men's version, only with the serial number relocated for size reasons. VSA's have distinctive finishing on the case back. The VSA cross looks like that on one purchased from an AD.
2. The lume *is* weak. VSA watches either have lume that glows with the intensity of a thousand suns or... anemic watch lume that works, but nobody would get excited about. The Maverick skews weaker. The DiveMaster is the model with intense lume.
3. I hate to say you're doing it wrong, but... Open the fold over clasp, and then release it by putting your fingernail under the FAR side of the clasp, away from the part that folds over. It should pop right open. If you try to open it from the fold over side then yes-- you're going to have a bad time.

Mixing up boxes and manuals is very common at jewelry stores. They just throw the boxes for the display watches in a drawer and it's a crap shoot if they reunite the correct watch and box.

It's not fake. Gift with confidence, although I can see being mildly annoyed that the manual does not match.

Reactions: Rabirnie

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Yeah, not uncommon especially with grey market to get a generic manual like that. Sometimes even Victorinox will do that as it covers several of their models in the same manual.

Victorinox lume isn't the best so I wouldn't use that to gauge validity.

I think it looks good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all very much! This is exactly what I hoped to hear. I appreciate everyone's input. The watch will be well-received for sure!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I just hope you didn’t pay $495 for the watch. It’s 100% authentic, but not worth the MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,995 Posts
I’ve never seen or heard of a fake VSA watch. Not saying they don’t exist. I just think there’s such a small and narrow margin of actually getting a fake one.

·
Registered
10,859 Posts
I’ve never seen or heard of a fake VSA watch. Not saying they don’t exist. I just think there’s such a small and narrow margin of actually getting a fake one.
Especially a ladies' model with lower prices and lower sales numbers. It just doesn't make as much sense as faking a men's watch.

Tissot is one you really need to look out for, though. There are a lot more fakes there.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I didn't, I paid around half of that. Thus my resorting to Ebay over their website which was at MSRP.

And thanks to everyone else who confirmed!
Several sites had prices at half or less MSRP via a simple Google search. Glad you found one on eBay though! I’m sure she’ll love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts