WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently received my new HMT Jhalak in the mail, and I love the look of it. The only problem is, I can't seem to keep the thing wound, and it only winds when the crown is pulled out so as to set the time. The instructions say to wind it 13-15 times counter clockwise with the crown pushed in, but that just doesn't seem to do anything. Anyone else ever had this problem? Do I just not know how to wind a watch? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
712 Posts
I don't have that particular HMT, but I wind mine clockwise. 10-12 turns is all it takes for all day. If that doesn't work, send it back.

·
Premium Member
67,931 Posts
I don't have that watch so I'm prepared to take some hammer if I'm wrong but most watches wind clockwise.

·
Premium Member
33,321 Posts
It should hold it charge if fully wound, so if it is not doing that, then return it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*sigh*
I was afraid of that. Guess I'll be trying to find a watch maker that can fix it, or try to send it back to India. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
shuda bought a Timex, Oops, but I think you already know that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts