WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a seiko 5 snk807 and I switched from quartz to automatic. Now I accidentally set the date at the wrong time. May have damged it and etc. Now I notice whne the second hand makes a full rotation (60secs) the minutes hand goes to like for example 35.5 minutes. Should I be worried or is it fine?

·
Registered
36 Posts
If the date is still changing and the time is still running I think your watch is still safe and sound.

My SNZH55 has the same symtom, I blame it for the misplacing dial.

No worry, 7S movement is sturdy as rock.

You should check how many seconds your watch gain or loss a day instead.

In case you got an old stock, your watch might loss 30++ seconds per day like mine.
You will need a little service and you can ask the guy there to help you adjust your dial.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I just bought a seiko 5 snk807 and I switched from quartz to automatic. Now I accidentally set the date at the wrong time. May have damged it and etc. Now I notice whne the second hand makes a full rotation (60secs) the minutes hand goes to like for example 35.5 minutes. Should I be worried or is it fine?
nothing to worry about mate. Just need to reset the minute hand. Hack the watch (pull the crown all the way out when so the seconds hand stops) at 12) then set the hour and minute hands correctly and you are good to go

1 - 3 of 3 Posts