Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to this forum and also new to Prometheus brand. But I love watches. I just found the Prometheus watches' design is what I love most at the moment. So I am planning to buy one. But look at the prometheuswatch.com site, there're Google ads in there, the web page design also doesn't look any attractive to me. So I am wondering if someone here could verify if that site is trustable for online shopping?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Yes store is trustable. Ads are there to help us pay for all costs as running a sponsored forum brings high costs.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I've had no problems, and the owner, Carlos (sapcmc) is always on here to chew over his new ideas and answer questions. Great company and service in my experience.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the answers. That's all I wanted to hear.

I was looking at the Manta Ray but my wrist is not big enough for it, so I am still thinking... :-(

·
Registered
527 Posts
I don't have a big wrist either and I think the watch looks great on me. I'm 5'8" and about 180 lbs average build if any of this helps you decide. I had nothing but first class service from Carlos and I love the watch.

Good luck,

Dean

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Loco.

I have another question though. The Manta ray blue specs described case diameter is 44.5mm, is this included the crown? I am wearing a 42mm watch (45mm with crown) so if the watch case diameter size of 44.5mm without the crown then it will definitely not fit my wrist.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Since the crown is at the 4 o'clock position it is almost the same.

I took mine out to look at it and try to measure (tape measure of poor quality) but really couldn't notice any difference as you can see.

Prometheus 19.JPG

This pic makes it look huge, but I took it as a real closeup to show the face. While this is a meaty watch I don't think of it as huge.

I hope this helps.

Dean

·
Registered
107 Posts
Another thumbs-up for Prometheus from a happy Manta Ray owner and of the Sailfish (grey) when it is launched.

The Manta Ray is a chunk of watch but I'm 5'11" & 175lbs and it fits perfectly; the blue dial is absolutely gorgeous!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a Prometheus Baiji one year ago, and it was dead on arrival, and had to be sent in for repair. It has gone in for repair four times in the year I've owned it. We're talking about light usage here, I sit at a computer all day. I am not a blacksmith or a carpenter.

I tried to get my money back, or at least a different watch, but Carlos would not do that. All I can do is plan to ship it in for service every few months.

My first automatic watch, and most likely my last. A terrible experience.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I bought a Prometheus Baiji one year ago, and it was dead on arrival, and had to be sent in for repair. It has gone in for repair four times in the year I've owned it. We're talking about light usage here, I sit at a computer all day. I am not a blacksmith or a carpenter.

I tried to get my money back, or at least a different watch, but Carlos would not do that. All I can do is plan to ship it in for service every few months.

My first automatic watch, and most likely my last. A terrible experience.
So why don't you tell the full story here? We offered you to send watch to our repair center to check what may be wrong with watch and proceed with a repair/exchange if suitable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I thought I was clear that I did send the watch to the Prometheus repair center. I was not charged for the repairs, although I had to pay for the shipping and insurance to send it in. And that starts to add up when you send it in four times in the first year I owned it.

Each time it was repaired and sent back to me.

However, I should clarify that exchange was never offered as an option to me. I asked, even begged, for an exchange but was denied. The movement was replaced on #3 of four. But clearly, even replacing the movement did not help, as it had to be sent in a few months later.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Your watch was repaired 2 times and the last time movement got replaced.
Asked you to resend watch to see what the problem may be.
We are here and as always we provide assistance to our customers.
Ranting here won't get your watch fixed. Please send it to our repair center so it can get repaired as mentioned to you more than once.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The watch has come back for the fourth time from the repair center, and is in my hands now, repaired. You have never refused me service, which I appreciate. But I am afraid to wear it, because I am worried it will break again. I don't want to have to ship it away again for $15 or whatever insurance + postage cost me.

I bought it because I thought it would be a rugged watch that would run for years without batteries, so you can see how I would feel frustrated. I don't know if it's something about this particular watch, but it seems like replacing the movement would have helped. Because it didn't, does that mean there is something wrong with the case? If it breaks again, may I have a replacement watch or a refund?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.