WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Anybody knows if the Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF is discontinued?

Also, which one do you like better? The S100 or it’s successor the T200!

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
I think they are still making it.

The S100 and T200 are two different watches. the T200 is not a successor.

For myself, I like the T200. The dial looks cleaner and the ability to wear it on a strap are winners for me. I don't like the S100 because it uses an integrated bracelet and the metal case back held on to the metal case by 4 screws looks cheap. Also I have never really liked Titanium watches because the lightness made the watch feel cheap to me.

Also the T200 has multiband 6 atomic time keeping and bluetooth while the S100 is MB6 only

Both are nice watches but if i was buying one, it would be the T200 all the way

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw a post on here about it being discontinued, but it isn’t an proper source. I also saw other s100 models (different dial colours) listed as discontinued on some websites. Thats why I’m wondering.

I agree that the way the bracelet setup on the s100 is a bummer. That being said , since it is not a smart watch, I really don’t care for the Bluetooth (unless I happen to discover that I live in an area outside multiband broadcasting range).

I think what makes me like the S100 (although the T200 is classier) it it’s personality. The blue indices, the blue ring around the crystal, the dumb « tough mvmt » text they added. Am I crazy?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Hello,

Anybody knows if the Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF is discontinued?
Nope, still on their main website :: コレクション - OCEANUS | オシアナス - CASIO

Also, which one do you like better? The S100 or it’s successor the T200!
I've had both, sold the S100 and am keeping the T200. The dial is less reflective and easier to read, it's cleaner, it looks much more high end just overall.

I actually prefer the S100's dimensions tho, it's a smaller watch.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I like the modern looks of the T200, but it's a bummer that it's not full Ti, as that's almost a trademark of the Oceanus line. Not sure why Casio went that route with this particular model.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't mind the integrated bracelet because the stock bracelet is so nice. I couldn't really see most of the Oceanus line being worn with anything but their factory bands or bracelets except maybe the T2600L.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't mind the integrated bracelet because the stock bracelet is so nice. I couldn't really see most of the Oceanus line being worn with anything but their factory bands or bracelets except maybe the T2600L.
Same. I tend to like metal bracelets because it’s simple. No need to worry when washing hands, etc. Leather bands are so easy to ruin.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Same. I tend to like metal bracelets because it’s simple. No need to worry when washing hands, etc. Leather bands are so easy to ruin.
I keep my Edifice - which is almost the baby version of the T200 looks-wise - on a rubber tropic.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
The S100 is an amazing watch. Not as sold on the T200.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Which edifice? I want to see. I’ve been looking at watches again and will probably succumb to the itch.
EFR-S107L-1AVUEF
Terrific in every way for the price... Except for the strap and the lume. The case finish and the ar sapphire look like the should cost several times more.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts