WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Also, which one do you like better? The S100 or it’s successor the T200!
I'm glad to hear it's not discontinued. They both overlap a little too much with some of my current watches for me to consider right now, but are really compelling models.

Having not seen either in person, I'd have to go with the S100. The lack of bracelet changes aside, the case just looks a little sleeker and smoother, not as blocky as the T200. I like the smaller indices that don't quite push all the way out to the chapter ring too. The S100 honestly has better proportions to me than most luxury sports or dress watches. This thing over a Rolex Explorer any day ... but what do I know ; )

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
S100 all the way for me. I think the T200 it's too choppy/blocky. The S100 has all the right curves.

·
Registered
721 Posts
There is a nice 3D effect with the indices. It it only the picture, or do they really pop like that?
They are noticeably lifted from the dial when viewed from an angle. They’re extremely obvious in my photo because of the shadows. They’re beautifully done.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Awesome pictures of the T200's! I'm pretty much stuck with an iPhoneX as my best camera for the time being. The T200 face and indices are great looking.

In bright sunlight at the right angle I can see the six different PV cell segments behind the face of the S100. Is there anything similar on the T200?

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
S100 for me. I love titanium watches for their lightness and durability. While I'd prefer a standard band attachment, the bracelet is so nice it's not an issue. Also, not a fan of the T200's hands extending beyond the center pin. The small time-zone city names seem to disappear once you wear the watch, so they're not a detriment. I just feel it's a nice overall design.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've got both the S100 and T200 ("mid blue" version). I don't view the T200 as a successor, more like cousin. They've both got great designs, great attention to detail and punch well above their weight in terms of features and finish. Besides the common features like solar power, radio sync, Zaratsu/Sallaz polishing, etc here's a comparison of their advantages/disadvantages:

S100 Pros:
  • Full titanium build means it's tough and light.
  • Smaller overall dimensions fit more wrists.
  • Shorter and more curved lugs mean it hugs the wrist nicely.
  • The bracelet is really comfortable, I'm not normally a bracelet guy but I can't imagine ever wanting to change it.
S100 Cons:
  • Proprietary lugs means you're more or less stuck with that bracelet, as nice as it is. The bracelet could have more micro-adjust holes or, even better, have a quick-adjust system like some Citizen Attesa models do.
  • Sportier look is arguably less flexible, plus the country codes written around the chapter ring will put some people off.
  • Only comes in one 'main' color (there's a white version and a pearl + white version but they don't seem to be available through most import stores. I've only ever spotted them used on Yahoo JP).
  • The AR coating has a very blue sheen, plus the blue accents on the dial and indices means that this watch catches the light and gives the watch a very blue reflectiveness.

T200 Pros:
  • Regular 20mm lugs, hooray! You can buy it with either a steel bracelet or nice leather straps.
  • Bluetooth sync with the Oceanus app so you can check battery levels, set the time, sync, etc using your phone if you want to.
  • Easy to dress up or down, less sporty and more versatile
  • Comes readily available in 3 colors (deep almost black blue, 'mid blue' and a very light/silver blue).
  • AR coating is very good, it almost looks like there's no glass at all in some angles.
T200 Cons:
  • It's steel. Some people will like this, I don't. Not as light or comfortable as titanium.
  • Larger overall dimensions means it won't fit as many people.
  • The dial has a lot of depth to it and the bezel is quite 'severe' (it drops down almost vertically on the dial side and the slope on the case side sharper).
  • The lugs are long, angular and have a sharp finish. This and the above mean that the watch looks and wears bigger than the already big overall dimensions suggest.
  • Speaking of lugs, the springbar is set quite far back into the lug. This means some straps will be a tight fit, and especially things like NATO straps will need to be extra thin.

I find myself wearing the S100 more and more over the T200, mostly due to the size and titanium build. The T200 fits me but I prefer a smaller watch, and the T200 wears large. I've got some straps on the way for the T200 so we'll see if they win me over. If not then I think I will sell it on and replace it with an Attesa or maybe a Seiko Spirit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I’m going to give it a few months and if I still lust over the S100, I’ll get it. Or maybe the S200. They are both so pretty :3. Can’t justify getting both, however.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I was looking for a new moderately sized EDC on a bracelet and wanted an automatic yet somehow I ended up with an S100 which I don't think is something I'll regret:p The code on mine would indicate Jan 2021 so it would seem they're still in production.

I was pondering the T200 as well before pulling the trigger but the L2L, titanium, a seemingly better bracelet and a bit more personality on the S100 won me over. I specifically wanted a bracelet so an integrated one is not a big deal for me. The T200, while pretty indeed, seems a tad boring visually.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The T200 is not a bad looking watch imo. But the S100 is one of the prettiest watches I've ver seen period, so that would be hard to top for me personally.
Absolutely, I thought it looked good in some photos but it looks absolutely stunning in real life. This is probably the best EDC piece I could find for that sort of money and I'm glad I didn't go for an automatic this time. I don't think the T200 is bad looking by any means but it does look a bit boring IMO and doesn't have that special something the S100 has.

As for the finishing, I bought a Citizen Signature Chrono not that long ago which I thought punched quite a bit above its weight in this regard... and the S100 leaves it in the dust, no kidding. It puts into perspective just how well made these are, I wouldn't be too ashamed to put one side by side with a Swiss watch four or five times the price TBH.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts