WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around for one with a black dial for a few weeks now and am not finding too much out there. Is it safe to say that a good deal would be 50% of MSRP for one that is TZ 95% ?

Too bad they didn't make a Mk. XVI spit. w/blk dial.

If I didn't have little round 6.75 inch ballerina wrists I'd be all over one of the Portuguese models I see for sale everywhere. Unfortunately they look like I'm wearing a clock.

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
I have the same size wrists, and the XV is a good fit. That 1 mm difference between the XVI and XV makes a difference. The black dial hasn't been made in a couple years, and it's a little harder to come by. (love mine, and I'm not rubbing it in) They sell for $1500 and up on a strap and $1900 or more on a bracelet, and make adjustments for condition. I bought mine as a beater and had it restored & serviced so I have under $1600 into it, then I sold the deployant clasp for $175 so I figure I'm ahead of the game. What was MSRP on that - $3495? If so, $1750 is in the ballpark with box and papers for a strap version and a pretty good price on a bracelet version.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that helpful reply. I'll just have to keep lookin'.
I'm assuming you have the Spitfire? Could you post a pic?
regards

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Absolutely great looking watch. I need one, soon.. Does the AR coating make the black dial appear blueish? It's hard to tell in the first pic.

And the watch next to it is probably a 34mm?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts