WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
i really lost the overlook on oris watches so i place my question here. is there a aquis or aquis date around the 40mm region? the 43mm versions are way too big for me ...

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i really lost the overlook on oris watches so i place my question here. is there a aquis or aquis date around the 40mm region? the 43mm versions are way too big for me ...
There is a 40mm Aquis e.g. https://www.oris.ch/en/watch/oris-aquis-date/01-733-7676-4154-07-8-21-10p However Oris appear to have dropped it from their collection, but obviously they can still be acquired pre-owned. I think the 40mm Aquis is gorgeous, an extremely versitile watch that can easily be worn as a casual tool watch or a dress diver.

Oris_Aquis_Date_10.jpg

If you search for "Oris Aquis 40" on YouTube you will find a few reviews, which may be of interest.

Have you actually tried on a 43mm Aquis? - As I believe it wears smaller than its size would suggest, especially the new 2017 model with its thinner case and bracelet. I have a 6.75" wrist and enjoy both the 40mm and 43mm, and I find the bracelets on both are extremely comfortable.

·
Registered
281 Posts
There is a 40mm Aquis e.g. https://www.oris.ch/en/watch/oris-aquis-date/01-733-7676-4154-07-8-21-10p However Oris appear to have dropped it from their collection, but obviously they can still be acquired pre-owned. I think the 40mm Aquis is gorgeous, an extremely versitile watch that can easily be worn as a casual tool watch or a dress diver.

View attachment 12155746

If you search for "Oris Aquis 40" on YouTube you will find a few reviews, which may be of interest.

Have you actually tried on a 43mm Aquis? - As I believe it wears smaller than its size would suggest, especially the new 2017 model with its thinner case and bracelet. I have a 6.75" wrist and enjoy both the 40mm and 43mm, and I find the bracelets on both are extremely comfortable.

Does the new 2017 Aquis bracelet seem poor quality since it is thinner. Any comparison on the thickness? (Submariner, aquaracer etc). I love the look of the new Aquis I just don't want the bracelet links to look cheap or thin.

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
I don't understand the bezel inserts. I'm disappointed that the orange version has a glossy, dressy bezel and only the black does not.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Different bezel finishes, but all are ceramic? I have not seen any of these new models in person and need to visit local AD.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Does the new 2017 Aquis bracelet seem poor quality since it is thinner. Any comparison on the thickness? (Submariner, aquaracer etc). I love the look of the new Aquis I just don't want the bracelet links to look cheap or thin.
The bracelet on the new 2017 Aquis is excellent, its equal in quality to the previous version, just less chunky and a little more refined.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I personally don't think the new bracelet looks cheap or thin at all. I think it's a lot more refined looking that the old model with its fat links and larger gaps between links.

I don't understand the bezel inserts. I'm disappointed that the orange version has a glossy, dressy bezel and only the black does not.
I've never really paid attention to the black with orange markers but it does look like it has the same polished bezel as the blue dial. It also looks like it's a black sunburst dial rather than flat. Maybe they thought the brushed bezel with the sunburst dial wouldn't work together. Wold be cool to see that black burst dial in person.

·
6,644 Posts

My guess is that the matte dial "center" goes better with the brushed insert. Where as the Sunburst dials look better with the glossy insert.

Cheers

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
I see it's finally at now.
6-8 week delivery.

Disclosure:
1. My posts are not shilling other people's stuff.
2. I own everything in my photos and paid for it with my own money.
3. My opinions are not influenced by any form of compensation.

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
Does anyone know if the black with orange has a sunburst dial? It looks like it in some pics, not in others. It has a shiny bezel, which is consistent with the sunburst blue.

Disclosure:
1. My posts are not shilling other people's stuff.
2. I own everything in my photos and paid for it with my own money.
3. My opinions are not influenced by any form of compensation.

·
Registered
14,006 Posts

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
has these available now. Had a hard time choosing between the 3 different models. I had the blue sunburst Aquis before but could never get used to the rubber strap. Very excited, should be here before the weekend. :)
The only one in stock, according to the info they post on their site, which is probably wrong, is the Aquis Small Second sunburst blue.

The black Date and black/orange on rubber say 1-2 weeks.

The sunburst blue Date is 6-8 weeks.

It may not matter to you, but that's what I found when looking into it.

Reactions: asushane

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
Apparently they changed it. The chat person said 6-8 weeks yesterday or the day before.

Who knows? I guess buy it and see what happens. You'll have to have PayPal force a refund though. Been there. Done that.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Their stock availability can be a bit uncertain at times. When I ordered yesterday, it showed in stock but that didn't ship that same day. I chatted with a CSR in the morning and he said it could take up to 4 days. And suddenly I got a shipping notice email. I have ordered many times from them and returned a few. Never a problem.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts