WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
There is an odd thing that happens in this community, I'd like to call the Rolex Effect.
When people see something new and they try to find a major flaw to trash it. Is this Schadenfreude?

I'd say so but some of these people actually really want a 3861 but either can not afford it, can not find one or try to talk themselves out of it since they have a 1861.

It's okay to want a watch and not speak badly of it.
Conversely, there is an equally odd thing that happens when people get a new watch that is precious to them and throw a hissy fit when not everyone loves it as much as they do. They then accuse others of being unable to afford said watch and/or jealous. It’s okay to not want a popular watch and discuss legitimate criticisms and concerns.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Conversely, there is an equally odd thing that happens when people get a new watch that is precious to them and throw a hissy fit when not everyone loves it as much as they do. They then accuse others of being unable to afford said watch and/or jealous. It’s okay to not want a popular watch and discuss legitimate criticisms and concerns.
Oh, does he already own one? If so, you just explained the origin of his very strange post.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've seen all the reviews ( YouTube) and videos from people that bought the watch , nobody mentioned anything negative about the new speed masters. The worse thing they said was about the clasp not having extension links. That guy(youtuber) wanted to get some attention and more subscribers, also wanted to promote his daughter channel as well. From all those YouTubers, he is the only one that noticed something about the bracelets, nobody else did. Oh please... I don't have the watch.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Oh, does he already own one? If so, you just explained the origin of his very strange post.
I've seen all the reviews ( YouTube) and videos from people that bought the watch , nobody mentioned anything negative about the new speed masters. The worse thing they said was about the clasp not having extension links. That guy(youtuber) wanted to get some attention and more subscribers, also wanted to promote his daughter channel as well. From all those YouTubers, he is the only one that noticed something about the bracelets, nobody else did. Oh please...

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
I've seen all the reviews ( YouTube) and videos from people that bought the watch , nobody mentioned anything negative about the new speed masters. The worse thing they said was about the clasp not having extension links. That guy(youtuber) wanted to get some attention and more subscribers, also wanted to promote his daughter channel as well. From all those YouTubers, he is the only one that noticed something about the bracelets, nobody else did. Oh please...
But there are folks who have handled and/or own the watch here on WUS saying the same thing. Might not be a big deal, but it’s certainly an issue I’d want to know if I were shopping for one.

·
Registered
406 Posts
But there are folks who have handled and/or own the watch here on WUS saying the same thing. Might not be a big deal, but it’s certainly an issue I’d want to know if I were shopping for one.
It's a big exaggeration! I went today to try it as well , what a load of c..p , it's one of the nicest and comfortable watches I ever tried. Go and try it yourself, don't listen to other stories. Don't forget to phone an ambulance first , you know,in case you end up in a pool of blood from that bracelet

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
509 Posts
It could both couldn’t it? Some individual watches could be perfect and some could have sharp edges.

The manufacturing process does evolve when a new product is released and there could be slight differences between batches.

I’m confident that Omega has sorted this out or will be soon but I don’t discount peoples experiences with the watches they’ve tried.

I for one will be trying to acquire a new hesalite model later this year or early in next year. I would just want to make sure to purchase from a boutique or a vendor where I can return without any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
It's a big exaggeration! I went today to try it as well , what a load of c..p , it's one of the nicest and comfortable watches I ever tried. Go and try it yourself, don't listen to other stories. Don't forget to phone an ambulance first , you know,in case you end up in a pool of blood from that bracelet

You’re missing the point. What is nothing to you may be something to others. At the very least, it’s good to know about the potential issues so people can make an educated decision and form their own impressions. Unless you are of the camp that ignorance is bliss.

·
Registered
406 Posts
You’re missing the point. What is nothing to you may be something to others. At the very least, it’s good to know about the potential issues so people can make an educated decision and form their own impressions. Unless you are of the camp that ignorance is bliss.
I understand what you're saying, but that was a big exaggeration. I can't stand these big exaggerations.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I understand what you're saying, but that was a big exaggeration. I can't stand these big exaggerations.

Sorry buddy but when you’re paying seven grand for a useless piece of man jewelry nothing is an exaggeration.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Sorry buddy but when you’re paying seven grand for a useless piece of man jewelry nothing is an exaggeration.
Wait a minute. Useless is a strong word. I wouldn't say that's the case here. It won't be useless for any of us, no matter if you criticise it or not.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Wait a minute. Useless is a strong word. I wouldn't say that's the case here. It won't be useless for any of us, no matter if you criticise it or not.
Hey, I have one myself okay. In today’s world though you’re not buying a watch for 7K because of its functionality.

·
Registered
406 Posts
That's the only nice jewelry a man can wear ,a watch. Lady's have diamond rings , earrings, watches ,bags etc. I don't think it's useless, they look nice and they also tell the time

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Since when have watch people complained about sharp edges that do not come in contact with the skin?
As someone who has worn a 3861 nearly everyday since three days after it was announced I can tell you this is not a problem.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Since when have watch people complained about sharp edges that do not come in contact with the skin?
As someone who has worn a 3861 nearly everyday since three days after it was announced I can tell you this is not a problem.
It’s not a problem for you but it is for others. Even if it doesn’t come in contact with skin, its proximity may be nerve-wracking to some. An exaggeration? Maybe. But to generalize that it isn’t a problem when others have clearly otherwise attested to it is simply disingenuous.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to two Boutiques and one AD yesterday in Melbourne, Australia to see what all the fuss is about. All stores had both variations on bracelet and strap. So thats 12 Moonwatches I was able to handle extensively. Put it this way, if there was an issue, Omega has fixed it. No sharp edges, no skin abrasions or discomfort. I'm an Electrician by trade. Maybe the skin on my hands has just become tough, strong and and full of calluses over the years, voiding me of any feel. Felt incredibly comfortable though, I'll be purchasing the hesalite model on bracelet.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've purchased the hesalaite on bracelet sight unseen, and will be picking it up in two days. I feel confident the watch and new bracelet will fit me well. I'm not worried about sharp edges or level of finishing of the case and bracelet; it looks like they have made smart decisions towards comfort/weight with a more classic feel.

·
Registered
298 Posts
We know you own the watch. Seaswirl figured it out by the way you insulted people who pointed out the flaws.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Did you quote the wrong post? This doesn't seem to be at all related to that post.

And what does some YouTube drama have to do with anything? The ongoing conversation here in this thread is about actual people experiencing sharp edges on the bracelet.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts