WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Did you quote the wrong post? This doesn't seem to be at all related to that post.

And what does some YouTube drama have to do with anything? The ongoing conversation here in this thread is about actual people experiencing sharp edges on the bracelet.
Yeah it's about the people that like to exagerate alot

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
943 Posts
I don't think it's just the Speedmaster, I think it's Omega.

My Globemaster came with very sharp edges on the bracelet. I had to take a little sandpaper and knock the edges down to make it bearable.

I miss the older Omega bracelets that were thinner and felt like smooth pebbles but I guess that went out of fashion.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
I own the 1863, 311....06. It’s so comfortable I don’t feel it on my wrist. I used to own the 1861 311.....05. Same.

I have just examined/tried the 3861 model with the very slightly different bracelet. Of course, one notices the taper and clasp differences, but, no discomfort. Seriously - none. Just my impression.

disclaimer: I switch around between a few watches - two with bracelets and one with a hefty strap and I never feel anything from the lot....

Curious: For those finding the link edges (or clasp edges) uncomfortable, are you larger-sized or wearing the bracelet tight enough to sink into the skin? Obviously, people are feeling something they don’t like - I just didn’t see it (medium build, 7.5” wrist).

·
Registered
927 Posts
I don't know about the 3861 bracelet, but I've owned 5 Omegas and haven't been sliced up by any of their bracelets or cases. Maybe some people are overly sensitive

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts
Just wore my 3861 for more than 24hours, including overnight. Absolutely no discomfort. Matter of fact, I rarely notice the watch on my wrist at all. I do like to wear my watches, the ones with stainless steel bracelets, a bit on the loose side. Not just with Omega, but with a couple of Rolex OP watches I had. When my wrist is not swollen, I like to be able to fit my little finger fairly tightly under the bracelet, between clasp and bottom of wrist. This allows for more than enough space to still be comfortable when my wrist swells. However, I still don't think that would make a difference.

I do recall reading a thread about a year ago on one of the Rolex forums, about the same issue that a couple of guys had with the Explorer 1 39mm. So I don't believe it's just Omega.

While I don't believe these comments will really help anyone, it is always good to get different perspectives on these issues. And I don't doubt that a few might sincerely find the bracelet uncomfortable. However, I do feel that comments like "Don't buy this watch!" are indeed overly dramatic.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts