WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys

As some may know I own half of an Omega PO (Case and Bracelet) for the 8500 so far and I am looking for something to fill it with. Few 8500 movements come up these days but I am on the look out. However I have noticed more 2500 movement come up from time to time and thought of getting one of these while I wait at least then I could use the watch rather than look at empty space (peolpe are starting to notice there is something wrong with it now when I am out and about). Thinking something like this a mix of the old and new!

I know for the 2500 there were 4 versions ending with the 2500D but were the 2500A or B really that bad a movement or is there anything particular to be aware of with them? I know the 2500 movements are smaller than the 8500 so I have an enlargement ring coming. But curious on the quality differences across the A to D versions and can you upgrade one to the other (I have seen not C to D on another post)

I know there are some knowledgable people out there so do share your thoughts!

Apprecaite any insight/ feedback

Cheers :)

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
I think my 2500B is cool. It's essentially the only 28.8K beat Co-Axial around (most 2500A movements were replaced with Bs.)
I thought the 9300 Speedy ran at 28.8K, and it's a co-axial...

Reactions: fskywalker

·
Premium Member
23,134 Posts
Reactions: fskywalker

·
Registered
7,996 Posts
I don't think it is really bad at all, just that Omega fine tuned the movement on subsequent iterations (C & D). I wonder, as you pointed out, if upon Omega or a third party maintenance, a 2500-B turns into a 2500-C (Perhaps Al can tell us about it ?)

·
Registered
8,001 Posts
I don't think it is really bad at all, just that Omega fine tuned the movement on subsequent iterations (C & D). I wonder, as you pointed out, if upon Omega or a third party maintenance, a 2500-B turns into a 2500-C (Perhaps Al can tell us about it ?)
No - the 2500's don't get upgraded that way. After service a B is still a B, a C is still a C...

I will follow this thread with interest - the challenges of fitting a completely different movement in a case not made for it are many. I wish the OP good luck, he will need it!

Cheers, Al

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No - the 2500's don't get upgraded that way. After service a B is still a B, a C is still a C...

I will follow this thread with interest - the challenges of fitting a completely different movement in a case not made for it are many. I wish the OP good luck, he will need it!

Cheers, Al
Al

You are not joking already discovered the enlargement ring fits but does not align with the internal clamping point why would it after all ;-) that's why I had s back up of s gen 8500 movement which came alone same day I purchased the 2500 isn't. that always the way!! But at least I know will fit :)

All part of the fun of customizations hence why 2500 movement may be up for grabs pending what I decide to do next with it on arrival

Keep you all posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
And I bet you have not even looked at stem height yet? That's the killer in most instances...
No I found out the hard way just a slight mis alignment on the enlargement ring might need a little filing :)

All part of the fun I wish I knew what you know :)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
That a 2500 face and 8500 case, why no 8500 face?
How did that happen? Really like how that looks actually...
It's work in progress I just collect the parts over time. So far I have case and bracelet with 2500 movement enroute and possibly 8500. I went for the 2500 as a fill in until a 8500 movement came up (as you see more 2500 come up because they are older) and what do you know 8500 came up same day! What are the odds (I should have bought a lottery ticket). The 8500 face is £455 from Omega new so I may bide my time for a used one to come up on eBay it's the only way to make such a project cost effective or you may as well by new or used one complete. But bringing it all together in this way is all part of the fun so long as you can be patient

For the picture I just took the back off and placed my 2500 underneath to give an idea of what it would look like if I used s 3500 movement complete. Personally I think the dash of colour on the 8500 face makes all the difference as it does on my PO Ti

But each to his own opinion

·
Registered
7,996 Posts

Cheers, Al
Thanks Al !!!!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
It's work in progress I just collect the parts over time. So far I have case and bracelet with 2500 movement enroute and possibly 8500. I went for the 2500 as a fill in until a 8500 movement came up (as you see more 2500 come up because they are older) and what do you know 8500 came up same day! What are the odds (I should have bought a lottery ticket). The 8500 face is £455 from Omega new so I may bide my time for a used one to come up on eBay it's the only way to make such a project cost effective or you may as well by new or used one complete. But bringing it all together in this way is all part of the fun so long as you can be patient

For the picture I just took the back off and placed my 2500 underneath to give an idea of what it would look like if I used s 3500 movement complete. Personally I think the dash of colour on the 8500 face makes all the difference as it does on my PO Ti

But each to his own opinion

I really like that face with that case though, makes it pretty unique too

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Am I wrong to like this look?
It's growing on me

Vs this