WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Omega Seamaster 210.32.42.20.01.001
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hate the design of the oem bracelet. I know this topic has probably been beaten down. But is there any possibility of using any variation of a Speedmaster bracelet on it?

I love the rubber strap which is why I chose it but I need a bracelet for more formal scenarios. Can someone please give me good news?
I’ve seen the seiko bracelet. While it might work, it’s not good and cheap looking. And too much gap in the bracelet sections.

the only seamaster bracelet I like is the 1613-934, but can’t see myself spending that much money for the titanium bracelet.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
You could consider a leather strap. I’m assuming the Seiko bracelet you mention is the uncle Seiko version. Here is a link to the omega site strap configurations for your watch. If you have to have a SS bracelet, call an Omega boutique and ask if the Speedmaster bracelet will fit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Seiko bracelet is a little extreme, but I get your meaning. I agree with many of the others here....Uncle Seiko has some great options. Also try rubber or mesh they all look great on the SMP300 as I've tried all of them. For rubber or mesh, you can get some pretty good options on Etsy.com too.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought a couple of Uncle Seiko bracelets for the Speedmaster. I cannot recommend these bracelets. Poor quality.
Curious what was poor quality about them?

I have a 1450 and President for my Speedy (which are both options for the SMP) and I like both. Largley prefer the 1450 due the solid end links. The clasps leave a little to be desired but I've not disliked them enough to replace them. If I had them on a diver that was actually used in or around water - I think I'd I'd upgrade to a different style clasp.

For the $$ (especially compared to OE) their a bargain and I'd recommend both.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Curious what was poor quality about them?

I have a 1450 and President for my Speedy (which are both options for the SMP) and I like both. Largley prefer the 1450 due the solid end links. The clasps leave a little to be desired but I've not disliked them enough to replace them. If I had them on a diver that was actually used in or around water - I think I'd I'd upgrade to a different style clasp.

For the $$ (especially compared to OE) their a bargain and I'd recommend both.
Everything is poor quality in those straps.

I bought the flat and the 1479 both with solid endlinks.

The 1479 clasp cut my wrist. The other clasp is comfortable, though.

The pin system in these bracelets is the worst that I have seen in my life.

The endlinks used in the 1479 doesn't look good. I have the polished version.

Both bracelets feel cheap. Although both are light wich arguably makes them more comfortable.

The finish in both bracelets is poor. Both bracelets are very sharp and have a lot of hotspots.

I didn't want to spend 700 for a new bracelet and as you said, the US for the price looked OK. But after trying the US bracelets I felt like I wasted my money.

I cannot justify paying 700 for a new bracelet, but I cannot recommend those cheap made US bracelets.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Everything is poor quality in those straps.

I bought the flat and the 1479 both with solid endlinks.

The 1479 clasp cut my wrist. The other clasp is comfortable, though.

The pin system in these bracelets is the worst that I have seen in my life.

The endlinks used in the 1479 doesn't look good. I have the polished version.

Both bracelets feel cheap. Although both are light wich arguably makes them more comfortable.

The finish in both bracelets is poor. Both bracelets are very sharp and have a lot of hotspots.

I didn't want to spend 700 for a new bracelet and as you said, the US for the price looked OK. But after trying the US bracelets I felt like I wasted my money.

I cannot justify paying 700 for a new bracelet, but I cannot recommend those cheap made US bracelets.
I love my Uncle Seiko flatlink. It is very comfortable and the quality is fine for $120 watch band. It is of better quality than vintage flat link bracelets and was very easy to size.
Watch Analog watch Clock Finger Material property
Watch Finger Watch accessory Natural material Material property

Watch Analog watch Azure Gesture Clock

1 - 20 of 42 Posts