WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I'm also looking for an aftermarket bracelet that fits the new SMP.

As far as I know there are 3 options with end links that fit the watch case:

1. Uncle Seiko has 3 different bracelet but the problem is that the clasp is quite bad. It's a simple stamped pressure clasp with no additional security and a lot of people report it malfunctioning while doing sports.

2. Forstner has 2 options and the same problem like uncle seiko -> cheap stamped clasp. The good thing about Forstner is that you can buy a milled clasp that has a push button mechanic. It's not super safe but it's way better than a stamped pressure clasp. The bracelet and an additional clasp will cost you 180-190 pounds.

3. Strapcode / Miltat has only 1 option for the new seamaster -> hexed bracelet. The good thing is that you get a real milled diver's clasp. The price is good. The only problem is maybe the looks of the hexed bracelet and that it doesn't tapper down to 16mm like Forstner and US bracelets do.

If anybody knows any other options please let us now.

In my humble opinion I would either go for Strapcode hexed bracelet or get the forstner bracelet + milled clasp. Everything else is too insecure for a 4-5k watch.
I just picked one of these up to try something different (I typically wear mine on a NATO). It looks better than the stock bracelet (that doesn’t take much, in my opinion).

The average person wearing a SMP (not doing yard work, wrenching on cars, etc.) is not going to run into an issue with this bracelet or the milled clasp. That being said, this bracelet doesn’t have that “built like a brick **** house” vibe that the Pelagos bracelet has.

Watch Analog watch Clock Wrist Material property

Watch Hand Arm Gesture Clock

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Thanks for posting. I'm also wearing my SMP on NATO and I do want to switch to a bracelet. A bracelet is better "allrounder". My options are either what you got there, forstner bracelet + forstner milled clasp or the new Strapcode hexad III.
I believe that Forstner looks more attractive and classic but I can't shake the feeling of having a "flimsy" clasp that is not up to modern safety expectations. I guess I'll think about it for a while.

Could you imagine going swimming with that bracelet and clasp? Does it feel secure enough?
In a pool? Sure. At a beach, lake, diving, etc. No. I’d only wear it on a NATO/single-pass for any of that stuff though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts