WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
From picture I can see that the lugs are unusually thick and, as such, the watch will not allow changing straps. If you are OK with it, everything else seems fine (nice black/gold contrasts, kinetic movement, etc)

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
I will be brutally honest...It's gold plate, it will wear off.
It is a black plated watch, that will wear off, which will wear off first is unknown.
It will scratch and the SS will show thru....In a few years, you will have a very "tacky"
looking watch..Do you want to be known as that guy with the "tacky" looking watch?
Now, in SS only, nice watch and a different story...Gold and black ,NO.

·
Premium Member
68,067 Posts
If I'm honest I would be inclined to give it a miss. Don't misunderstand me - the colours look great together. It's just that the gold and black are the most likely to show wear sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I'd pass also. It will look beat up in the not too distant future and you will lose the pride you had in it new. Also, I'm not a kinetic fan. There are a number of threads on them here - some love 'em, some were very disappointed in them. I am in the latter group. really, why not just get a mechanical watch OR a quartz watch. In solid stainless steel.

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
No. The combination of the black IP coating and the gold plate, as well as hardlex doesn't sit well with me. Seiko make many great looking 2 tone alternatives. For example, for literally another $100, you could have sapphire glass, 6R15 automatic, see-through back, decent bracelet, etc etc...

sarb0705001.jpg

SARB070

1 - 8 of 8 Posts