WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a SNZF29, which is the 38mm (w/o crown) midsized version of the SNZF17 (42 mm w/o crown) Seiko 5 Sports diver. My wrists are about 6.75", and I am unsure as to whether the bigger version might be a better fit.

I have attached a wrist shot of the SNZF29, and I would appreciate any thoughts about whether it seems like a good size for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
It's so personal. A little hard to tell by that one wrist shot, but I think it looks perfect. 38mm w/o crown probably puts it at 40'ish-41 mm and for me and my 6.75 summer time wrist that size is perfection, especially for a diver styled watch.

·
Premium Member
22,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's probably because I got used to the size of the Invicta 8926, but the SNZF29 is starting to grow on me as well.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
It's probably because I got used to the size of the Invicta 8926, but the SNZF29 is starting to grow on me as well.
Yup been there....and recently matter of fact.

When changing/rotating watches or going from a daily wearer to a new watch it definitely takes some 'break-in' time. The thing is....once you get used to your SNZF29, then you throw on a heavy hitter 44-45mm watch you'll think "wall clock" on your wrist....at least that's what happened to me.

It's weird and normal how some wear a giant watch where the lugs overhang their wrist edge and it just looks silly....but they and others think it looks great or even a "perfect fit." Just like I think yours looks perfect some think that is silly. Crazy world ehh.

So how long have you been wearing it after switching from your large watch? I'd give it a few days if you haven't yet to make an official decision :)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Slightly off-topic.... I've been thinking of getting one of these for a while...

Quick question: How is the bracelet quality?

·
Premium Member
22,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bracelet is quite decent, and appears to be much nicer than the typical Seiko 5 bracelet.

It has folded end links, and the individual links appear to be quite solid, although there is a little hairline along the center of each side of the link, like it was formed from a single sheet of metal that was folded on itself, and the hole for the pins are at the side with the fold, and a very sight gap at the other end. The sides are highly polished, so this is not very obvious. You should be able to see the little hairline on some of the close ups of the bracelet online.

In any case, if it is a folded link, it isn't based on the standard design, in that it is a smooth, continuous sheet on both the inside and outside of the bracelet, and it uses pins for the bracelet adjustment.

The 20 mm bracelet on the SNZF29 is certainly on the thinner side, and I believe that the SNZF17 has a slightly more substantial (thicker) bracelet that is also 22 mm wide. I am not sure if the SNZF17 bracelet is constructed in the same way.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
...and it uses pins for the bracelet adjustment.
Thanks for the detailed description. Just to clarify... it uses the simple old pins for adjustment?

·
Premium Member
22,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, it uses split pins for the bracelet adjustment. Looking at photos of the bracelet of the SNZF83 online, it seems like the SNZF83 has the same thin hairline which I was referring to in my previous post. So I imagine that except for the aesthetic aspects, the two bracelets are similar in their basic construction.

My guess is that the SNZF29 has a similar quality bracelet to the SNZF83 which you currently own.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts