WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, let me say the esthetically I love the Sumo, so no need to tell me the bracelet is too skinny, the bezel font is too big, etc. What I'm posing to the Sumo owners out there is: Would you consider the Sumo a huge step up from the 007, Monster, Stargate and other entry level Seiko divers? Or should I go for a say, a Tuna or MM300 to really experience a significant "step up" in the Seiko diver family?

I know some people will give the buy/wear-what-you-like answer, but I'm looking for more sort of tangible quality assessments. Let's also just assume that the Sumo would fit me well. I've also done searches on 6R15 vs. 7S26 so seems like not much of a movement upgrade is the consensus here. Also, price is not the issue here either, just more simply: Should the Sumo be a must stop along the journey (experientially) to enjoying Seiko divers?

·
Registered
992 Posts
I love my Sumos and it was not an instant attraction. I never saw how a Sumo could be worth 3X a 007 or monster Even once getting it I was not sure but the longer I have had the Sumos(orange and blue) the more I like them. I have now sold off my monster and seldom wear my 007 anymore.(I don't keep watches if I don' t wear them much). The design is just so great. You can look at the watch at differant angles and it just screams quality. No other watch in this price range that I have owned has been so nicely finished. In my case the movement has been much more accurate than the entry level divers. Plus a few seconds a day for both.

Attachments

Reactions: liwang22

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Jason, just the type of assessment I was looking for. More of a feeling. Your Blumo looks great on that NATO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
In one word YES!!!

Better finish, better accuracy, just an overall a more refined watch... Actually, it is a steal for around $500. SKX007 were always too small on my wrist (7.25") and never matched my Sumo in timekeeping accuracy;) Plus, I love the bracelet. It isn't that bad at all. Later, if I want to mix it up, I might get the Yobokies BOR bracelet for Sumo (pic borrowed from yobokies.com):

Yobokies Sumo BOR.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts