WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about getting a Tissot PCR 200. I like the way it looks, but I went to a local store and tried it on: The watch feels light compared to any regular seiko or citizen.

Was that just my impression? Is Tissot a mediocre watch, then?

I tried other brand watches at the store and they all seemed heavier and the bracelets stronger, safer...

I really want to like this watch. I just got a little disappointed when I felt it on my wrist.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For me it has the perfect weight and it grows on me everyday..

·
Registered
61 Posts
A PRC200 is light? Surely you jest. For a quartz watch it is really quite heavy, and the bracelet is very solid. As Tomee recently pointed out it under the caseback lies a second steel plate, only to show the movement which is covered by yet another metal plate! The screw down crown has a nice firm action too. It's a very solid well made watch, in my opinion the Tissot feels much nicer in the hand than a similar Citizen or Seiko (and I have examples of all three).

·
Registered
64 Posts
I do not own a PCR 200 but I have a PRS 516 which has the same, widely-used quartz chronograph movement (ETA G10.211). It’s accurate.
If I were you, I wouldn’t worry about the solidness of PRC 200 since this watch happens to be one of the most popular Tissots. Those who buy it must have some reason to do so. :-!

·
Registered
78 Posts
It is absolutely my favorite default watch. Reliable, accurate, and classy looking. The silver dial version is the best IMHO. Can dress up very nicely for work with a black or brown leather strap. Still, can be worn casually on the weekends. You can't go wrong with this one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all. This was very helpful.

I'm going to buy it!

Now my dilemma is between the black and white dial.

I normally prefer black, but based on Booboobear's post, maybe in this case the silver is nicer?

I have never seen it live. Any more owners out there who can share their opinion on the color?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have never seen it live. Any more owners out there who can share their opinion on the color?

Thanks
Yep, the white dial is much nicer in the flesh. I was all set to buy the black dial version, until I saw them both (as well as the blue dial version) at the shop, and it was no contest - the white dial is the classiest-looking of them all. :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thank you all. This was very helpful.

I'm going to buy it!

Now my dilemma is between the black and white dial.

I normally prefer black, but based on Booboobear's post, maybe in this case the silver is nicer?

Thanks
hi Ozzzo,

according to me, it shure depends on what you're looking for...the black dial is more "sport wear" and it's just right for all the situations where the white dial version is without a doubt a "more dressy" watch than her little sister..

i love both a lot , the black one is just more polyvalent.

bonne journée.

Sylvain.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
i love both a lot , the black one is just more polyvalent.
Hi Sylvain,

this is where we disagree. :-d :) While I like the black dial version, all it does is look sporty. The white dial can be worn in more situations, IMO. It's sporty, as well as a very nice dress watch, as well as classy-looking casual wear. Best of all worlds, IMO. :-!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The inner cover?

Sorry to hijack a thread but is the inner cover hard to remove on the Tissot's or is it similar to others where it just comes out without trouble? A friend went to have the battery replaced and they quoted $100. I think I can do it for alot cheaper than that.

for those interested here is the back of a prc200

1 - 17 of 17 Posts