WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today I learned that the Kinetic GMT movements are “true” GMT movements (independently set hour hand) so I’m starting to look at them as a possible addition to my collection - but I’m having trouble finding some “classic” looking models.

you know, ones with the traditional 24 hour bezel that don’t look like they have algebra on their dial, that are at the dressier end of the design scale - either true dress or dressy diver designs.

could you seiko junkies out there give me some suggestions I should look at? Or some search terms/model families I should investigate?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
You can't get more classic than the 5M85-0AF0 SUN067P1:

Inspired by the 6217, 6117 World Timers from the 60s-70s. Sadly I let me go a while back raising funds for some vintage purchase.

-Brian

·
Premium Member
71,425 Posts
Just be aware MK that in my experience Kinetics take more looking after than any other watch when they are part of a collection.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just be aware MK that in my experience Kinetics take more looking after than any other watch when they are part of a collection.
how so?

·
Premium Member
71,425 Posts
Also Seiko reckons that one fully wound they will run for months. Pah! I have found that they need to be kept fully wound every week to keep them happy so a Friday morning ritual is now twirling my Kinetics to charge them while I watch YouTube vids.
FYI. If worn “normally” Kinetics are no problem at all.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok... so kinetic isn’t for me. I have too many watches in my rotation... now to find a quartz with a true gmt function... that isn’t a Grand Seiko...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts