WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I know this is the Rolex forum, so I'll get a lot of bias here. But Im wondering, does anyone think that there are better divers watches than the SD/DSSD? As far as movement, case construction, features, innovation, resale value?
Maybe there are, maybe there arent. I just wondered what the forum thought.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Yes and no.

"Better" is completely subjective. I can define "better" in any number of ways, either to make the DSSD the "best" or the "worst". Even with the broad constraints you provided...

·
Banned
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"does anyone think that there are better divers watches than the SD/DSSD? As far as movement, case construction, features, innovation, resale value?"

I dont understand how this question is so hard to answer.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
"does anyone think that there are better divers watches than the SD/DSSD? As far as movement, case construction, features, innovation, resale value?"

I dont understand how this question is so hard to answer.

Hi everyone. I know this is the Rolex forum, so I'll get a lot of bias here. But Im wondering, does anyone think that there are better divers watches than the SD/DSSD? As far as movement, case construction, features, innovation, resale value?
You asked what we thought then are getting offended by our opinion.

If you didn't want to know why ask.

·
Premium Member
40,135 Posts
Preference about movement, case construction, features, innovations and even resale value are subjective.

·
Banned
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No one has given an opinon. All I've gotten is "you didnt ask the question how I like, so Im going to tell you that you didnt answer the question how I like" If you dont think there are any divers that have more features, a better movement, finer case construction, more innovation towards the field. Then you dont have anything to add to the thread.

·
Banned
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didnt ask about initial price, and I didnt ask about case material. No one would make a legit dive watch out of gold.

·
Premium Member
40,135 Posts
I'll say the monster is better because it's impossible to lose more than $200 in resale value.

It feels like this thread is about justifying that the DSSD is better in every way that matters to you. The reason that people haven't been able/willing to give a straight answer is because different things are important to them to define 'better'.

If that's the case, then the answer is that the DSSD is best.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Ya know what. Just forget it. I clearly havent come to the right place.
Is this a very poor attempt by you at trolling?

If so bad luck if not your responses are completely bizarre.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
You should ask this same question on the Public Forum if you really want to hear a range of answers.

·
Banned
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Out of 9 people who have responded to this thread. 2 have given an actual answer.

If I ever post again on the Rolex forum, I'll be sure to have my lawyer check everything over first. I wouldn't want to confuse anyone.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts