WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the unenlightened, I am wondering if these two terms are the same--with one being a kinder way to describe it. Or, if there is a difference, and if so, what is it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Fake are both, but a super clone is a fake watch that has such a good quality, that it is hard to recognize the differences between the original and the fake one. Believe me, there are such watches. Best example is Panerai that actually showed one of their models from a user on Instagram on their insta story and they didn’t realize that it was a super clone...

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, they’re both fakes.

Just getting this in before the lock as I doubt the moderator(s) is going to let this thread continue for much longer since discussion of fakes and replicas are not allowed. Just saying....
Understood, thank you, Dogbert_is_fat. I read online and seen YT videos and wondered why the two terms. I hope I'm not breaking any rules here. I'm not trying to sell them or buy them.

·
Premium Member
10,705 Posts
Fake are both, but a super clone is a fake watch that has such a good quality, that it is hard to recognize the differences between the original and the fake one. Believe me, there are such watches. Best example is Panerai that actually showed one of their models from a user on Instagram on their insta story and they didn’t realize that it was a super clone...

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
It's not Panerai that can't recognize a fake, it's the stupid employee that manages the instagram account

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Understood, thank you, Dogbert_is_fat. I read online and seen YT videos and wondered why the two terms. I hope I'm not breaking any rules here. I'm not trying to sell them or buy them.
All super clones are fakes yet fakes are not all super clones. They have a term for the really super clones watches, NWBIG.
Not worth buying in Gen.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All super clones are fakes yet fakes are not all super clones. They have a term for the really super clones watches, NWBIG.
Not worth buying in Gen.
Got it. I've seen some YouTubers review them and I'm guessing it was for educational purposes--like how to spot one. Then they go on and on about how they are not worth it and worse, fund a criminal enterprise. They warn viewers never to buy one, but they did. I don't get it.

Anyway, that's it for me. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Sergeant Major

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Got it. I've seen some YouTubers review them and I'm guessing it was for educational purposes--like how to spot one. Then they go on and on about how they are not worth it and worse, fund a criminal enterprise. They warn viewers never to buy one, but they did. I don't get it.

I would hate to be the guys who pay horology house level dollars and don't even know it.

·
Premium Member
5,745 Posts

lol I told a YT’er that I saw his video about a super fake on a website that sells them. No reply. Now I’m thinking he’s deep into buying them so he can make videos about them. Shady to say the least.

·
Premium Member
29,586 Posts
I know your intentions are good and you’re not trying to justify fakes. While I don’t agree nor support fakes, I am always happy to discuss why they are bad. Hopefully, the moderator will allow the discussion as long as we all stay on the right side.

·
Premium Member
29,586 Posts

I sometimes wonder if a lot of YouTube reviewers and social media “influencers” actually know where to buy these fakes, arrange for them to be delivered so they can review watches. For all we know, half of those watches on the net (YT & social media) are fakes. Like, how can someone who is or was on a mediocre salary buy so many top end watches to review?

·
Registered
15,472 Posts
now how about ghost shift products?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.