Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a durable every day wear G-Shock with the following:
  • Solar
  • Atomic
  • Carbon Fiber strap
  • usual things like stop watch, countdown, alarm
  • not fussed about ABC
  • prefer a dark blue colour.
The GW-9330b-1jr would have been perfect, as I really like the colours on it too, but can't seem to get this limited edition anymore, other than paying stupidly high prices.

I've found a few that have the solar and atomic, but the carbon fiber strap seems less common. The reason I'm interested in carbon fiber is because the strap loops on my existing watch keep breaking, so i figured something a bit more durable on the band side would help. I guess the other option is some sort of bracelet band?

Alternatively, are replacement carbon fiber bands available that I could stick on the watch that has the other requirements, like a Mudman GW9300 ?

I'm located in Australia, but I understand we pick up the atomic signal from Japan a bit.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
GW-M5630D-1JR, I don't think it will be easy to pick up signal from Australia, I think it will be very difficult, so make sure you really research this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GW-M5630D-1JR, I don't think it will be easy to pick up signal from Australia, I think it will be very difficult, so make sure you really research this.
I did look at that one but would prefer a round face watch. I'd sooner the carbon fiber band than atomic if I had to choose between them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
By the loop, are you referring to the keeper? If so, I'm not aware of any that are CF. Maybe you need to look at metal ones or as you said in your first post a bracelet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
By the loop, are you referring to the keeper? If so, I'm not aware of any that are CF. Maybe you need to look at metal ones or as you said in your first post a bracelet.
Yes the keeper. I found MTG910DJ-2A which is a bracelet and has solar + atomic. Also looked at the GW-9300GY-1JF on Rakuten and the image looks like the keeper is metal. img57950722.jpg

Any opinions between those 2?

Edit - looks like the MTG910 is also no longer available. doh!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
My bad, it looks like the keeper on both the GW-9300 and the GW-9300GY are CF (maybe another member who has a GW-9300 can confirm). The GY is a beauty but hard to come by and expensive if you do. Other than that, if you are looking at things like MTGs with bracelets, you may want to look at any with the BD suffix like GW-6900BD etc, they all have bracelets.

Pics of the GW-9300 with what looks like a CF keeper from an old sales thread on F29:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-casio-atomic-mudman-gw-9300-a-666222.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My bad, it looks like the keeper on both the GW-9300 and the GW-9300GY are CF (maybe another member who has a GW-9300 can confirm). The GY is a beauty but hard to come by and expensive if you do. Other than that, if you are looking at things like MTGs with bracelets, you may want to look at any with the BD suffix like GW-6900BD etc, they all have bracelets.

Pics of the GW-9300 with what looks like a CF keeper from an old sales thread on F29:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-casio-atomic-mudman-gw-9300-a-666222.html
yeah I've found those the GW-9300 around $280AU mark on ebay. I really like the rugged look of the GW-9400 but that's about $480AU, which is more than I was really looking to spend and as mentioned before aren't really interested in the ABC component for that extra $$$.

Are the buttons on the mudman substantially more difficult to push because of the enclosed casing design?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
yeah I've found those the GW-9300 around $280AU mark on ebay. I really like the rugged look of the GW-9400 but that's about $480AU, which is more than I was really looking to spend and as mentioned before aren't really interested in the ABC component for that extra $$$.

Are the buttons on the mudman substantially more difficult to push because of the enclosed casing design?
The buttons on the 9300 are not particularly difficult to push at all. Apparently, the G-9000 buttons are hard to press but I've never tried one so I can't comment either way.

Not trying to push the Rangeman on you even though I am seriously impressed with it. But if you are interested in one you definitely shouldn't be paying AU$480. Sunknots have them on Rakuten for ¥35k which is about AU$375.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One further question with the GW-9300 and GW-9400 can you toggle the month/date order so date is first then month e.g. 24/12 instead of 12/24

·
Premium Member
13,982 Posts
Anhvariel,

On casio-intl.com you can look up the module number of both watches and find out if the day/date can be toggled? I am not sure off the top of my head since I own neither of these.

Have a good day,

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
One further question with the GW-9300 and GW-9400 can you toggle the month/date order so date is first then month e.g. 24/12 instead of 12/24
To my knowledge you can't toggle the date order on any G-Shock. I think there are some older Casios that could do this but unfortunately no Gs.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The GW-9300 does indeed have a CF strap keeper, and I can confirm atomic signal can be picked up on Oz, I was 8 years in Bris Vegas and my atomics would sync, 2 maybe 3 times a week

1 - 20 of 20 Posts