WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Omega crew, I am now among you

Took delivery of this 2538.20 'great white' today.

Really digging it. Legibility is very good, even with the white dial against white-ish bands. The black outlines are plenty sufficient to catch the eye.

Despite its lack of micro adjustments I actually got a pretty good fit on the bracelet. Though I put it on a Martu leather strap, which is my preference. Interestingly I think the leather makes it look bigger than the bracelet.

Post your great whites!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
Nice watch, although I think there should be a Speedmaster, Seamaster and Aqua Terra thread before a GW one. Just a popularity sorta thing

·
Registered
930 Posts
Keep this going!

Great White and St Lawrence gin.jpg

·
Registered
361 Posts
Bought this 2538.20 after being unable to find a recent Seamaster PO/300/AT that I liked. It joins my 2254.50 SMP and 2503.50 AT. There's something about these 2000s Seamasters that I really like.

Looks like the Great White is getting increasingly hard to find. Less than 10 on Chrono24 with prices inching up.

seamaster-great-white-2538.jpg

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have one inbound. The price is creeping up. I tried on the explorer II 5 digit and wasn’t smitten with it. Just something about it. So it pulled the trigger. I will post as soon as I get it on friday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
This watch checked a bunch of boxes for me and a few days ago I found one used at a local dealer near where I work. IT was beautiful, but when I tried it on I found the white on white dial too hard to read- it must be my old, failing eyes, but it seemed like less contrast than I expected from photos. I would have bought it in a heart beat otherwise, but it seemed stupid to get a GMT when I would have to put on my reading glasses to tell the time.

·
Registered
798 Posts
What strap is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aftermarket strap, combination rubber and nylon..

·
Registered
272 Posts
Anyone ever try a 20mm 2500 PO bracelet on the GW? Wondering if the endlinks will be flush. I have one at home with the micro adjustable clasp mod. Will not be able to try it until the weekend

1 - 20 of 73 Posts