WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my GW700A-1V from amazon.com . After setting the home city code (by reading directions in the manual) i noticed that the little 'G' symbol which appears in the watch is not appearing, is this normal ?

According to the watch manual no 'G' symbol means that it cannot receive time calibration signals. I stay in houston TX, and even when i was outdoors today the signal still did not show up. Is this a problem with the watch or is it a functionality which i am not understanding correctly :-s

I have already tried to do a manual receive of the signal, but still i dont see any 'G'

Help me out !

Thanks

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hello,

Traditionally the watch best gets the signal at night. I would suggest placing it in a spot that is in the direction of Colorado over night and seeing how it does tonight

Cheers

Leon

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Don't worry about it...the signal is weakest during the day, and you may be in a high interference area. If you don't see any part of the 'G' appear late at night, it's most likely your area struggles to receive and you might need to test it on a bit of a road trip to check that it's ok. Also, I found leaving atomic watch in the bathroom, near the window gets easy syncing with my GW400, but I suspect we have great reception here because the three levels are always on.

The least likely reason is that the watch is broken.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I concur.

Symbols like that are there really just to tell you in the morning if it synced the night before or not.

If it did.. it stays on all day... if it didn't... it doesn't...

Since the G is not set to automatically receive trough the day it will never show up in the middle of the day.... unless you try manual sync that never worked for me... there is just too much interference trough the day for G to receive the signal...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts