WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello there,

I don't know what movement is in this vintage chronograph. Is there any similar mechanical chinese watch in such dial? Does Seagull makes one? I would like to get an affordable chrono like this one. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thnx

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,222 Posts

·
Registered
20,970 Posts
It's a true tri-compax chronograph, Seagull only makes bi-compax chronograph for the moment.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes it is right, it is a tri-compax chronograph and the cheapest watch with similar movement is above 2000$. I like this movement a lot and I can't seem to find an affordable one:(

·
Registered
20,970 Posts
yes it is right, it is a tri-compax chronograph and the cheapest watch with similar movement is above 2000$. I like this movement a lot and I can't seem to find an affordable one:(
According to the Wiki, Seagull will (may be) introduce a new Chrono with 12H register, making it a tri-compax. The M192S has a 12H/24H sub dial but it's non-chrono and it's actually geared to the main hour hand, the future tri-compax chrono will have the same look for sure.

I'm waiting to order one... :p

·
8,222 Posts
why it's always sea-gull?
how about shanghai?
With great respect for Shanghai watches, I think it's only because Sea-Gull has made more positive and obvious efforts to market in North America with both Sea-Gull USA and Sea-Gull Canada.

I would be very, very pleased to find newer issue Shanghai watches sold from North American distributors (or to find a Taobao or other Chinese seller of Shanghai watches willing and able to sell to, for example, me, in Canada :):-!)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@grafiti

Wow, beautifull watch. I think Shangai makes a clone of VALJOUX 7751 movement based on your picture.

As AlbertaTime wrote, is it possible to find a shop that sells shangai watches like the one on your picture abroad?

thnx

·
8,222 Posts
@grafiti

Wow, beautifull watch. I think Shangai makes a clone of VALJOUX 7751 movement based on your picture.

As AlbertaTime wrote, is it possible to find a shop that sells shangai watches like the one on your picture abroad?

thnx
Just for information: I gather the price for that lovely piece is about $570 USD at today's exchange rates, plus shipping--but I don't know if the seller will ship abroad..

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
@grafitiI think Shangai makes a clone of VALJOUX 7751 movement based on your picture.
They do. I have a Shanghai movement that is a known 7750 clone in my Prometheus CR1, with the same subdial layout.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,634 Posts
Wow! Now that is a version of the 3L that I've never seen before. Given the quality that has been proven so far of the 3L, I'd say this model should have an international market if somebody was prepared to take the risk.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
i found this very interesting watch too...

arorund 1380 yuan. is it 280usd? just impossible to find it in online shop in english +international shipping. There are a lot of models in the url of the pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@grafiti

thnx
i am considering open an oline shop on Ebay.:)
my office is very very close to the shanghai watch factory, only several hundreds metres away.
there is a shop running quite well but only for chinese users.

to albertatime: $570 us dollars for that chrono? i don't think it is that cheap:p it should be a little bit more than $600 and donnot include the shipment.

·
8,222 Posts
to albertatime: $570 us dollars for that chrono? i don't think it is that cheap:p it should be a little bit more than $600 and donnot include the shipment.
Grafiti :), thank you. I wish you very well if you decide to open on Ebay. It would be terrific to have a convenient source of more current Shanghai (Chunlei, maybe??) and other Chinese watches!

I only did a quick XE.com conversion, and also noted that it wouldn't cover shipping (3,880.00 CNY=568.282 USD at today's XE rate). At least, that's at the price at one seller I found. And, XE is usually a little lower than the rate from my bank to China, and also not counting service charges (at least in Canada). 型号:S2992F19, 表径、厚度 52mm ╳ 15mm, correct?

Mind you, the seller did say 市场价 was 5800 RMB (about $850 USD)...so a little more than $600 not including shipping would be still be very acceptable for such a beautiful watch :-!

Also: I have tastes that are quite old-fashioned in some ways, and I love the looks of this model (I hope the seller doesn't mind I borrowed the picture):

...a quite accurate and respectful recreation/rebuild of the classic A-581, quite beautiful and also very affordable. Probably about $150 USD or thereabouts?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
i am considering open an oline shop on Ebay.:)
my office is very very close to the shanghai watch factory, only several hundreds metres away.
there is a shop running quite well but only for chinese users.
Great news! I assume you have a PayPal account? That seems to be one of the barriers when selling outside China.

Cheers,
gigfy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great news! I assume you have a PayPal account? That seems to be one of the barriers when selling outside China.

Cheers,
gigfy
yes, i have a paypal account, but i use it mostly when i wanna buy something on eday.
i read about the rules of paypal.if i use paypal, i will have to pay additional fees which is about 3-5% of the total amount when i transfer the money into my real bank account.
so many problems need to be sought out.:p
however, i could help you guys buy the chinese watches here and you can pay me via paypal.:)

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
yes, i have a paypal account, but i use it mostly when i wanna buy something on eday.
i read about the rules of paypal.if i use paypal, i will have to pay additional fees which is about 3-5% of the total amount when i transfer the money into my real bank account.
so many problems need to be sought out.:p
however, i could help you guys buy the chinese watches here and you can pay me via paypal.:)
That is very generous of you grafiti. But everyone please remember to keep these sales discussions in PMs and not in the forum. :)

thanks,
gigfy

·
Registered
244 Posts
i found this very interesting watch too...

arorund 1380 yuan. is it 280usd? just impossible to find it in online shop in english +international shipping. There are a lot of models in the url of the pics.
It is available in shops in Germany under the Ingersoll brand. Perhaps also in German online shops. I've bought it for €200 (about US$298, at current rate) in a shop, not online.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts