WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have obtained 3 Oris watches recently, all with metal bracelets. I have always used a watch repair kit from Amazon but when I first tried to remove a link from my Artelier, which is chromed out so I want to be careful, my pin got stuck after I really tried to shove that sucker in there hard. It appears the holes and corresponding pins are skinnier than standard ones. An Oris AD I stopped at (without my watches) confirmed that they can be a pain.

So, is there a good kit for this? I ask because I'm in the suburbs now and the AD keeps banker's hours, not to mention they charge crazy fees to add or remove links.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Usually with watch sizing tool kits, there are several pins of various sizes for just this reason. I don't believe there's a special tool to size it... I use the same pin + hammer for my Omega as Oris and it works just fine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I sized my 65 it was a real pain to do (MK1 punch breaker) but it was just a normal pin.
Problem is my pin removal tool got stuck right in the Oris Artelier and I had to forcefully remove it. It also ruined the tool. Perhaps you could recommend a better pin removal tool?

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Problem is my pin removal tool got stuck right in the Oris Artelier and I had to forcefully remove it. It also ruined the tool. Perhaps you could recommend a better pin removal tool?
Your using a pin pusher that is too thick for you watch. If you put the pusher in and its tight or difficult to get in the hole don't use it. I ordered several each of the 2 smallest sizes available on ebay from china. This is not who I ordered from (no longer available) however its the same thing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Watch-Band-Bracelet-Steel-Punch-Link-Pin-Remover-Repair-Tools-5-Sizes-PVCA/123847208055?hash=item1cd5de6c77:m:mKOnbp_WunHF-3JycuON7zw

Buy a few each of the smaller sizes available

·
Premium Member
60,862 Posts
Got my punch from Cousinsuk. They sell them in various sizes like .7, .8 and .9mm. I have a feeling that it was the .8mm size that I used on my 65. You can also get punch sets. It’s important to use a punch that is slightly smaller than the pin so the collar doesn’t grab it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts