WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something that would signal me to sprint for 20 seconds and then stop for 10 seconds, followed by sprint for 20 seconds and stop for 10. This would be repeated 8 times.

Is there a watch that can do this? The intervals could be indicated by a beep or something like that... just something that would let me know to workout 20, workout 10.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'm looking for something that would signal me to sprint for 20 seconds and then stop for 10 seconds, followed by sprint for 20 seconds and stop for 10. This would be repeated 8 times.

Is there a watch that can do this? The intervals could be indicated by a beep or something like that... just something that would let me know to workout 20, workout 10.

Thanks guys!
The G-7700 and the sister models can do that with its two countdown timers. http://www.g-shock.eu/euro/lineup/g-7700-1er/ . The second timer will start when the first one reaches zero. But the major flaw is that the timer will stop after five repetitions.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Or man up and just go 110% all the time!

kidding of course... Im a huge fan of FARTLEK training.
Its a little less restrictive then strictly timed intervals.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or man up and just go 110% all the time!

kidding of course... Im a huge fan of FARTLEK training.
Its a little less restrictive then strictly timed intervals.

Hahaha ouch! interesting... Yeah I actually have trained like this a few times but my problem is if I leave it up to my own motivation, I'll end up walking more and not sprinting enough. To drive myself to the intensity that breaks barriers I need the beep to tell me: go wild and then a beep to tell me stop. That way, when I'm tired as hell and I hear the beep, I still give it my all and try conquer the fatigue.

http://www.tabataprotocol.com/

this is what I'm doing it's called Tabata after Isezumi Tabata the Japanese researcher who conceived the specific 20 -10 intervals. Check it out or try it sometime... it's rough! :)

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I am an ultramarathoner who has become a Jeff Galloway disciple, in light of my impending rendevous with my AARP card. With Galloway, you run for an interval then walk for a minute. Unfortunately, unless I am doing a trail run where the terrain determines my walk breaks I am an adulterer and wear a Timex for nonstop interval timing while I am running.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
The DW-56RT 'Referee Timer' does exactly that.

9 interval timers
Measuring unit: 1 second
Input range: 59’55 (5-second increments and 1-second increments)
Auto-repeat function

·
Registered
505 Posts
If you can get hold of one a G-056 could be just the job. It can run up to 7 intervals.

Second hand is best bet and dont get the atomic GW-056 version. That doesnt have intervals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts