WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been wearing my PR 50 Auto for about 15 months. Keeping good time (appr. -3 to -6 secs daily).

I would like to check, whether is it possible to manual wind this watch to gain power instead of shake it from side to side (this is what I'm doing).

Regards,
Bood123 :)

V

·
0 Posts
If its the PR50 with the ETA 2824, just wind the crown (the little knob at 3). If if doesn't move, you've a screw-down crown. Unscrew the crown before winding clockwise until you hear/feel a tick-tick sound.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If its the PR50 with the ETA 2824, just wind the crown (the little knob at 3). If if doesn't move, you've a screw-down crown. Unscrew the crown before winding clockwise until you hear/feel a tick-tick sound.
Hi Vandice,

Thanks for the reply. But this model is not screw-down model. It cannot be unscrew. It will stuck once you try to wind it clockwise. Any idea?

Regards,
Budiman

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Hi Vandice,

Thanks for the reply. But this model is not screw-down model. It cannot be unscrew. It will stuck once you try to wind it clockwise. Any idea?

Regards,
Budiman
My PR50 hand winds just fine. You're right that the crown doesn't screw down. I find that with the crown in the pushed in position, 20-30 clockwise turns is more than enough to get the watch up and running for me.

V

·
0 Posts
Stuck? Hmmm, sounds like a service to me... Bring it to a watchmaker for a quote.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Stuck? Hmmm, sounds like a service to me... Bring it to a watchmaker for a quote.
I agree completely. I would only add that I believe the Tissot warranty is two years, so if you bought this through an AD, I would take it back to where you bought it first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts