WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Comrades!

I was wondering if anyone of more experienced Russian forum members could help me on this one. As we all know an original Shturmanskie model is a relatively hard catch these days providing that many models still available are either very expensive, requiring proper restoration service or simply (and painful to look at) fakes. Is there any other russian watch that resembles the feel and size of original Shturmanskie? My main criteria are:

- same movement, 15 jewels,
- simillar case and strap size,
- light dial color,
- hands may be lumed or not,
- produced in 1950s

Thanks a million for any info. I'm am not a die hard collector just want to try to hunt for something similar yet not as "trendy" as "the first watch in space".

Mir Comrades!

Tov. Karamazov

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Tov,

If you are talking about the general feel at a sensible price, I think a Pobeda with centre second hand would be about right: it is a development of the regular Pobeda with the fourth wheel added to the middle of the back of the movement, giving it a bit of a "hunchback" appearance. I think this development originated from 1MWF and also adopted by ZIM; St Pete also made it and used it in watches under the "Leningrad" label and they are quite scarce and expensive.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Sportivnie is the closest to Sturmanskie watch (it's actually almost the same, but with different dial). Unfortunately, many Sportivnie were killed to fake Sturmanskie out of them :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, thanks everybody for prompt answers. Hunt for Sportivnie or Pobedas is on then. :)

Mir Comrades

Tov. Karamazov

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.