WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

11101 - 11120 of 11424 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Timex MK1 Chronograph TW2T10700

Been thinking about one of these for a bit, but didn't want to spend $40. This one came up "like new" on Amazon for $25 from a 3rd party seller. I decided it's the 2nd best price I've seen on the Chronographs but in a color I would actually wear. Strap above is not original to the Chronograph it's from an MK1 3 hander.

Question for any Timex Chronograph owners, is the time setting position a hard/significant pull on the crown to get too? Like the first pull out for the quick hour change is quite easy, but to move to the hour and minute setting it seems like you need to use quite alot of force. This normal or should I open mine an investigate? Thanks

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hi all. I gave this Todd Snyder Military to my 16 year old son and he likes it but has sensitive skin and found the strap uncomfortable. Any suggestions for a replacement strap? I showed him perlon and he likes the idea of leather or rubber better. I paid $50 for the watch and don’t want to pay a lot for the strap.
IMG_1783.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Omega Breitling Tag Muhle MK II Victorinox Ball Seiko Ocean 7 Formex Hamilton Dievas Zodiac Bulova
419 Posts
Hi all. I gave this Todd Snyder Military to my 16 year old son and he likes it but has sensitive skin and found the strap uncomfortable. Any suggestions for a replacement strap? I showed him perlon and he likes the idea of leather or rubber better. I paid $50 for the watch and don’t want to pay a lot for the strap.
View attachment 15847433

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barton silicone is great. $20ish on Amazon

·
Registered
34 Posts
Timex is good and I love some of their watches the only problem that keeps me off, is the loud ticking sounds, it so loud that it reminds me of a wall clock.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Timex is good and I love some of their watches the only problem that keeps me off, is the loud ticking sounds, it so loud that it reminds me of a wall clock.
Select models that dont use the M905 movement. There are several Timex offerings that run Seiko and Miyota movements.

·
Registered
Samsung Gear Sport
8,422 Posts
Get 100m WR stainless models they are essentially quiet. Chronographs are not so loud too.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Timex got the sizing right for their re-issues. Period correct at 36 to 38mm. One of the reasons I don't own an Orient Bambino. 40 and 40.5mm is just too big for that vintage look.

·
Registered
Just one more TX Timex Enabler Club - Broths Hams n Subs
11,617 Posts
11101 - 11120 of 11424 Posts