WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this up at an auction for the grand sum of £6, a little research on the web leads me to believe it may be a 1490's Fortis with an early bumper auto movement, is this correct?

IMG_0300_zps03911e09.jpg
IMG_0301_zps20dc6ae9.jpg

If so did I pay a good price?

Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
The answer is YES.¡¡¡ read this... "Fortis brought the first waterproof Swiss watches to the world with their popular Fortissimo models. Fortis began manufacturing their first chronographs in 1937 and it wasn’t long before they mastered these complex mechanisms. In 1997, 60 years after their first chronograph, Fortis patented the world`s first automatic chronograph alarm watch. This beautifully complex mechanical alarm watch is still highly prized by collectors today"

saludos Amigo¡¡¡

·
Registered
1 Posts
The answer is YES.¡¡¡ read this... "Fortis brought the first waterproof Swiss watches to the world with their popular Fortissimo models. Fortis began manufacturing their first chronographs in 1937 and it wasn’t long before they mastered these complex mechanisms. In 1997, 60 years after their first chronograph, Fortis patented the world`s first automatic chronograph alarm watch. This beautifully complex mechanical alarm watch is still highly prized by collectors today"

saludos Amigo¡¡¡
Sergio, me interesa tu NTH contáctame: [email protected]

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Just picked this up at an auction for the grand sum of £6, a little research on the web leads me to believe it may be a 1490's Fortis with an early bumper auto movement, is this correct?

View attachment 1051435
View attachment 1051436

If so did I pay a good price?

Matt
Nice one Matt :)
Looks like that'll clean up nicely and be attractive. Red second hand, full numbers indices, nice hands, & historically interesting
The Busmatt mafia family strike again !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts