1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
602 Posts
What feels weird to me is the custom designed background with "Only Authentic Watches", etc. that makes it look like this is a regular business. But then to only have three feedback as a seller? Why did he go to all the trouble in photoshop to design that and then not use it?

If it were a US based seller I guess I would feel a bit more comfortable, but you basically have no recourse if you end up ripped off. That being said, 169 auctions even as a buyer with 100% feedback is a good thing. Seems like it will be a fair amount of money on a gamble though....

Chris

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I don't know this seller, but the watch itself looks like most of the life was polished out of it. The case is in poor condition with pitting and the hands are in poor shape. I think this contrasts a bit with the statement by the seller: "Never polished, refurbished or refinished!! "

:rodekaart:rodekaart

·
Registered
661 Posts
Looks in poor shape with some heavy handed polishing to me.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that you mention the pitting and polishing, it doesn't seem like that good a deal after all, especially with the "never polished" bit in the ad. But hey, I'm only an entry-level watch nut so far ;-) Thanks for your opinions, I'll probably hold on to my hard-earned for another Speedy :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts