WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Looking to get my first watch, and I've been spending a lot of time looking at different brands. Came across the Orient Esteem Open Heart (FDB08004B) which I really liked and was really close to buying it but somehow came across a newer? version (FAG02004B0) that I believe updates the "Water Resist" text and has an updated mechanism with hacking. However there seems to be little to no information about it and it is only being sold by a handful of vendors like Jomashop and on Amazon.
I found the watchmandan site that lists all the calibers for Orient but this one is not found there. My question is: Is this an actual watch that is/was made by Orient?
I'd appreciate any kind of feedback. Thanks!

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,402 Posts
Welcome to WatchUSeek. It might help to familiarize with our fora prior to posting. Post moved to our dedicated Orient forum.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hey everyone,
Looking to get my first watch, and I've been spending a lot of time looking at different brands. Came across the Orient Esteem Open Heart (FDB08004B) which I really liked and was really close to buying it but somehow came across a newer? version (FAG02004B0) that I believe updates the "Water Resist" text and has an updated mechanism with hacking. However there seems to be little to no information about it and it is only being sold by a handful of vendors like Jomashop and on Amazon.
I found the watchmandan site that lists all the calibers for Orient but this one is not found there. My question is: Is this an actual watch that is/was made by Orient?
I'd appreciate any kind of feedback. Thanks!
It's legit. If you take a closer look at the "open heart" section, you'll see the difference. The new movement is supposed to be better finished and more aesthetically suitable for display as "semi skeleton". Not a great deal of difference otherwise, so if you find the older model at much better prices (unworn, of course) I'd get the older one. If costing about the same, go for the newer model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Eran, I took a look at other posts asking about Orient models and one reply suggested looking at the orient-watch site and I was able to find it there.
Now my question is: Is "Sapphire Crystal Glass Material" from Orient's website the same as "Scratch resistant mineral crystal" from Jomashop on Ebay? It's probably a silly question since they sell are theoretically selling authentic watches but I just want to make sure.
Thanks again for your help

·
Registered
455 Posts
That's odd, because the website is very clear about this being Sapphire crystal - whereas all stores mention mineral. So either Orient sent out a confusing PR to retailers (which they most certainly tend to do) or the website is wrong. I actually tend to believe the error is on the website, as this watch is on the inexpensive end of their mechanical range and those typically don't carry Sapphire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts