WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,045 Posts
Looks genuine from here. There is obviously some dial damage. I have the same dial in a Zenith and have seen it on Omega pocket watches of that era as well so I suspect the watch is from the twenties or early thirties. To be sure that the watch is genuine, we would need to see a picture of the movement.

Hartmut Richter

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,045 Posts
The necklace? Do you mean the chain? That would be totally separate from the watch - practically no pocket watch was ever sold complete with a chain (except very high grade ones). As for opening the watch, the inner back cover has a notch at around 11:00. If you don't want to risk damage to the watch, invest a finger nail! (Jam it in and slide it around. Alternatively, use a sharp pen knife but be gentle. Or alternatively, find a professional!)

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The necklace? Do you mean the chain? That would be totally separate from the watch - practically no pocket watch was ever sold complete with a chain (except very high grade ones). As for opening the watch, the inner back cover has a notch at around 11:00. If you don't want to risk damage to the watch, invest a finger nail! (Jam it in and slide it around. Alternatively, use a sharp pen knife but be gentle. Or alternatively, find a professional!)

Hartmut Richter
Yes, I chain would be a better word:) Ok, I didn't knew that, now I do! :) I got it up, see the pictures above.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

I would like to try to get this in a better condition. Then I would need to buy a new glass(broken) and a dial, but where to I get that? Tried search on ebay but to many results and hard to know what to search for. Would it cost much?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I recommend you get it clean an oiled. The glass is not an expensive fix about $15 to $25 depending on size an if its plastic or glass. The dial is a bit more complicated an harder to find in mint condition. Its possible to find someone that can repair it by cleaning it an filling in the chip part an repainting it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts