WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Seiko Black Knight: Tissot V8 Chronograph: Garmin Fenix 3: Seiko SRP713: Seiko SNGZ15
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a new Orient, it is on their website but I have not seen any reviews or whether it has been named. Any ideas I quite like this looks like the defender but better

·
Registered
Seiko Black Knight: Tissot V8 Chronograph: Garmin Fenix 3: Seiko SRP713: Seiko SNGZ15
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TheCowWatcher i have not seen any reviews on this particular model. Have you seen any?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Another AK (F6B) variant, yes it does look very similar to the Defender II but a bit sport/dress to my eye compared to the Defender II more field/military look.

The Defender II is the AK04, and the AK05 is a more classical looking dress model.

the 06 case has slight differences from the Defender, it adds crown guards, and the 06 lug shape is straighter compared to the DII which has a more rounded/curved profile.

The 05 model has an almost 'turtle' case shape w/ very narrow tapering lugs. And the 05 is a tristar model, which I had not noticed before.

I can buy the 06 from the UK but it's not yet available in the US. The bezel caught my eye, it is very reminescent of the M Force bezel w/o the numbering.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've posted a review of a sibling of this watch a while ago. More military in color and strap combo but it's essentially the exact same watch.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Your review of the D II is very good Eran covers all aspects of that watch. Orient continues it's long tradition of producing multiple iterations of the same design, thinking about the Bambino family. In the 06's case I like the overall design, it has a bit more character.

The 05 version is even more interesting IMO. It's a TriStar but it doesn't use the F49 movement. That in and of itself is unusual. Further, the case is a update of a classic TriStar model from some years back, 90's perhaps. What I'd really like to know about the 05 is if the case is a copy of the Orient Brazil model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts