WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I think I finally found a Tag I really like, but after looking on the manufacturers website I cannot locate the model pictured here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-TAG-HEUER-C...ryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The seller looks legit, so the only thing I that stands out to me is that the same watch/similar model number is available from Tag but with a black strap. The last digit on the model number is a "5" instead of a "6" as the one on e-bay is.

Does Tag differentiate model numbers for the same watch by band alone? I hope so because I'd like to snap this one up.

All replies appreciated.

·
Registered
17,514 Posts
I'm aware of them. there giving authenticwatches.com a run for there money. while I don't pretend to know everything about tag heuer and there reference numbers, that watch is real so if you want it, get it. it looks great. also, for some reason, none of the pictures are showing up for me?

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
I'm pretty sure the brown strap only came with the brown dial Carrera. Sounds to me like someone who bought the brown dial wanted a SS bracelet so they did some swapping between the two watches.

The last 6 digits represent the strap while the digits before the dot are the case. So in this situation, you will see the TAG website is different because of the strap color.

Hello. I think I finally found a Tag I really like, but after looking on the manufacturers website I cannot locate the model pictured here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-TAG-HEUER-C...ryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The seller looks legit, so the only thing I that stands out to me is that the same watch/similar model number is available from Tag but with a black strap. The last digit on the model number is a "5" instead of a "6" as the one on e-bay is.

Does Tag differentiate model numbers for the same watch by band alone? I hope so because I'd like to snap this one up.

All replies appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the replies. So being that the watch is a bit of a mix and match (but still apparently with all Tag parts) does it cause any problems with warranty work or whatnot down the line? I'd hate to send it in to Tag for warranty or maintenance and have them reject it. I couldn't imagine a simple band swap would cause such an issue, but I'm not certain. Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Personally I would be trying to score a deal from your local AD if you are paying that much for a TAG.

My 3cents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Personally I would be trying to score a deal from your local AD if you are paying that much for a TAG.

My 3cents.
Sad thing is my local AD's are pretty much dead set on only 20% off of retail price, so the net deals are more tempting.

I didn't think that was too much for a Tag Chronograph based on what I see floating around here and e-bay. Am I that far off on my assessment?

·
Registered
17,514 Posts
you can pm me for the preferred ad we use. you will get a much better discount with free shipping also. roughly 25 to 30% off with tags warranty and signed ad cards. this is the thing when buying tags off the internet. if the price is listed, there not a authorised reseller and as long as the serial numbers are intact, tag will repair them, but not under warranty. they only warranty watches bought from a authorised ad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can pm me for the preferred ad we use. you will get a much better discount with free shipping also. roughly 25 to 30% off with tags warranty and signed ad cards. this is the thing when buying tags off the internet. if the price is listed, there not a authorised reseller and as long as the serial numbers are intact, tag will repair them, but not under warranty. they only warranty watches bought from a authorised ad.

Thanks for the info and the offer. PM sent!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts