WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've done some quick Googling. Its an automatic flying tourbillon with an 8 day power reserve.

I'm pretty sure that makes it unique and 100% Swiss.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,324 Posts
That's the Blancpain tourbillon which inspired all the current Chinese flying caroussel tourbillons. It's Swiss.

And 10 times the price of a Sea-Gull.

·
Registered
534 Posts
ack, my income would have to have one or two more zeros at the end before i could start collecting blancpain tourbillions.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
LOL! :-d It would have been fun if it where from Seagull but as Blancpain are part of the Swatch group I would very much doubt it! ;-)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well, this watch must be very difficult to wind, look the crown, very poor desiged, unless it is an automatic. BTW, how much is it?

thanks sea-gull and god, otherwise i can never afford to buy a tourbillon watch. it is really money robbering if it is 10X sea-gull's price, because even sea-gull already started robber money now...given the recent price jump.

the design is so so, i would say, since the screws on the tourbillon are not blue steel, and i did not find a diamond on the tip of the pointer.

And, warranty is only 2 years? Sea-gull gives 10 year warranty of their tourbillon and life time services.

the good thing is its water resistance, that is a dive watch that siyexcalibur always looking for.
:p

·
Registered
316 Posts
well, this watch must be very difficult to wind, look the crown, very poor desiged, unless it is an automatic. BTW, how much is it?

thanks sea-gull and god, otherwise i can never afford to buy a tourbillon watch. it is really money robbering if it is 10X sea-gull's price, because even sea-gull already started robber money now...given the recent price jump.

the design is so so, i would say, since the screws on the tourbillon are not blue steel, and i did not find a diamond on the tip of the pointer.

And, warranty is only 2 years? Sea-gull gives 10 year warranty of their tourbillon and life time services.

the good thing is its water resistance, that is a dive watch that siyexcalibur always looking for.
:p
The crown has a typical diver protection and it is a normal design.
The watch is automatic ahd has an eight day power reserve. You must understand that for manual winding, the crown gasket always wears out resulting in poorer water resistance with time.

The price is 120,000 swiss francs which is more than 100,000 USD or more than 20 seagulls (though there is no exact comparision as Seagulls are not diver rated and do not have 8 days power reserve). I do not know how many years warranty they give since I do not own one.

Seagull based its tourbillon on Blancpain hence the similarity.

Blancpain is a highly regarded swiss brand, considered to be the second only to Breguet by some. Definitely a different league from Rolex, Omega etc.

Yes, I like the divers water resistance, but I already have a divers watch and so that is no longer a deciding factor.

I hope you are not getting one, otherwise you have to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts