WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When a bracelets end piece has a gap like below, is this a springbar issue or is it something with the bracelet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe it's the wrong bracelet for this watch as endlinks is usually made to fit the exact model.
It looks to be the correct bracelet which is why the only thing I can think is that it’s a springbar issue...

·
Registered
168 Posts
If the spring bar is too small you would probably be able to move the bracelet back and forth..as the hole in the bracelet would then be too large for that spring bar. The gap seems too large for this to be a spring bar issue..unless maybe you have a very thin spring bar in a large hole. As I said before, if that is the case the bracelet would be sloppy at that point, and should be able to be seated against the watch case just by pushing it up. If you feel comfortable taking the bracelet off the watch you can feel and see what is happening. All the spring bars that I have dealt with are a very close match to the bracelet hole size.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the spring bar is too small you would probably be able to move the bracelet back and forth..as the hole in the bracelet would then be too large for that spring bar. The gap seems too large for this to be a spring bar issue..unless maybe you have a very thin spring bar in a large hole. As I said before, if that is the case the bracelet would be sloppy at that point, and should be able to be seated against the watch case just by pushing it up. If you feel comfortable taking the bracelet off the watch you can feel and see what is happening. All the spring bars that I have dealt with are a very close match to the bracelet hole size.
Thanks! It’s actually a watch I’m looking to purchase so I don’t have it...

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
If a "folded" endpiece, sometimes enough stress is put on the endpiece and/or the links connecting to the bracelet that they stretch causing the issue you see. Add to that undersized/worn springbars and things get quite sloppy. This can usually be repaired by adjusting the fold and tab position in the endpiece, tightening up the connecting links, and replacing the springbars (unless too much metal loss in the connecting links.
Regards, BG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts