WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased this Bvlgari(?) watch. Yeah I know I should have asked this question first. Oh well. Can someone confirm by looking at the attached pics whether or not this is a real Bvlgari? It is supposedly a bvlgari AC38BTAVD/SLN. The numbers on the back of the watch in pic #3 are AC 38 TA
L 36300
If not can you give me ideas on how to authenticate it? Thanks for your help

Attachments

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Looks real...But so do the fakes.
Take it to a dealer and have it checked....Can't tell much from a picture.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
beats me how one would judge that to look real given the images provided -sorry always sceptical of these very first posts that ask these questions - my question would be 'why would you buy one ' second question would be 'how much did you pay ' for a watch like this with obvious doubts of authenticity -third question might be what kind of camera or phone are you using - the answers is that it is quite impossible to tell from the photos but its too late now anyway you are stuck with it !! welcome to the forum !

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I have my doubts. The Bulgari Aluminium line all have pronounced stick markers for the hours, chrono as well as non chrono, yours have none. Also, the subsidiary dial at 6 on the real deal does not cut into the minute markers, but it does on your watch. And the minute markers on the original are painted on a beveled surface while yours are all painted on the flat face. Just do a google search yourself for images and see what you get.

Sorry. Take it or mail it to an AD or an authorized repair station. If they mail it back with no comment, you will know for sure.

·
Registered
361 Posts
It looks very cheap, I hope you didn't pay much... real or fake...

-Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3; please excuse any spelling/grammatical errors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have my doubts. The Bulgari Aluminium line all have pronounced stick markers for the hours, chrono as well as non chrono, yours have none. Also, the subsidiary dial at 6 on the real deal does not cut into the minute markers, but it does on your watch. And the minute markers on the original are painted on a beveled surface while yours are all painted on the flat face. Just do a google search yourself for images and see what you get.

Sorry. Take it or mail it to an AD or an authorized repair station. If they mail it back with no comment, you will know for sure.

Thanks for your reply. I took your advice and googled this watch. I found pics of a 44 mm diameter watch with minute markers and chrono dials as you said. But, the pics of the new 38 mm watches look like mine. Not sure what you meant by the minute markers being painted on a beveled surface though.

Again thanks a lot. You gave me a place to start looking!! I'm searching in every avenue possible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
my question would be 'why would you buy one ' second question would be 'how much did you pay ' for a watch like this with obvious doubts of authenticity -third question might be what kind of camera or phone are you using - the answers is that it is quite impossible to tell from the photos but its too late now anyway you are stuck with it !!
1. I bought it cause I liked it. (I know I,should have done more research first)
2. I paid 1450 USD. I stupidly didn't question the authenticity before I bought it. The seller listed it as "Authentic". My bad
3 iPhone 4Gs
4. I'm not stuck with it. I can return it.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I googled again and stick by what I said, but your searches may turn up watches that my searches don't. Be very careful about the pictures you click on for a better look. I found some replicas that looked like yours. There were not too many pictures I trusted as the genuine article.

Go to Bulgari's site. All the Aluminium watches look identical, whether 44, 41 or 38mm. Bulgari BVLGARI BVLGARI chrono automatic watch with a BVLGARI logo stainless steel case. BB38WSLDCH/N

The edge of the dial with the minute marks on it, on the real watch it is bent up, like a bowl. The real one dial is not a flat disk all the way to the edge, like the one in your picture.

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
... Again thanks a lot. You gave me a place to start looking!! I'm searching in every avenue possible.
The best avenue for you to travel down, is one that has already been suggested. Take it to the nearest AD. Tell them you got it as a gift. The person who gave it to you didn't buy it at an AD. Tell them you'd appreciate it if they could authenticate it for you by having their experienced watchmaker remove the caseback and check the movement. If they charge you a fee for authentication, pay it.

I hate saying this, but modern-day fakes have become 1000% times than they used to be just one short generation ago. If you're going to buy something like a Bulgari, you owe it to yourself to be 1000% sure you bought the real thing. It's all about peace of mind.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
pop the back and check but usually, if one has to ask, 99% of the time, it isn't real.

Good luck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The short portion of your second hand is straight and white, consistent with the knock-off models i viewed. Looks like the auth model sports a red circle on the short side of the seconds hand. Just my observations.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It looks very cheap, I hope you didn't pay much... real or fake...

-Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3; please excuse any spelling/grammatical errors.
Yeah I remember the first time I saw one of these I thought it was for kids, to build brand recognition for the next generation. Then I looked up the price. :-s

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Where did you buy this?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts