WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, a bit late in Edifices. Seems like an old model but I liked the color combination and the subdials a lot.

However, do you think it's too big for my wrist? I wish they made the case diameter smaller by 2-3mm overall. And the thickness, almost like an ice block, especially when seen from the left side. It's also very heavy, even the hollow light feel of the Edifices bracelet doesn't help. Should be thinner by 2-3mm as well.

Watch Wrist Analog watch Fashion accessory Silver

Still, I liked this watch a lot :)

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Nice looking Edifice. Besides, these wrist shots don't always tell the right size. If you like it and it is comfortable to wear, why not? Yes, it is big, but i think it still looks great.

Reactions: lmcgbaj

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Nice looking Edifice. Besides, these wrist shots don't always tell the right size. If you like it and it is comfortable to wear, why not? Yes, it is big, but i think it still looks great.
I'm going to x2 on this statement. Wear it in good health

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.. Umm yes, that's another problem, the base of the watch is huge and I think the weight kept pressing the bone in my wrist. It's been 3 weeks on and off and I kept feeling a bit sore over there after a full day of wearing it. Maybe I'll try loosen the bracelet a bit -- tho it's a bit loose already.

:roll:

·
Premium Member
73,823 Posts
That's a VERY nice looking watch. By conventional standards it is a bit bi for you but it looks so good that if it's comfortable it hardly matters.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Looks OK to me. I see you wear your bracelets like me; quite loose...

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
(Over)Size doesn't matter if the wear is comfortable. But if you feel its size makes it uncomfortable, then maybe you should find yourself a smaller diameter watch. Or for starters try to adjust the bracelet a bit (more). I really like the looks of it, so i'd probably try everything else before trading it for some other watch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks.. Umm yes, that's another problem, the base of the watch is huge and I think the weight kept pressing the bone in my wrist. It's been 3 weeks on and off and I kept feeling a bit sore over there after a full day of wearing it. Maybe I'll try loosen the bracelet a bit -- tho it's a bit loose already.

Hmm not exactly. It's not exactly pressing the wrist bones, just a bit heavy. Wonder where the soreness came from then.

I guess as long as it doesn't make me look like an idiot. This watch is much bigger than my 6 years old Sportura tho :)

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Looks good from where I'm sittin'. Congrats

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I think it looks very good on you. Sometimes tighter can prevent a heavy watch from hitting the wrist bone. Maybe try tighter instead of looser.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. Will try adjusting the bracelet, hopefully it will help.

I'll try wearing it as much as possible in a couple of month to see if the soreness persists. Maybe something in my wrist would build-up :)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The watch is on the big side of the equation, but I don't think it's so big that you can't wear it. It looks ok, so I'd let comfort be my guide on this one. Edifice has some nice looking watches, so congrats!

-hayday

·
Registered
5,850 Posts

You're sore because the bracelet is too loose, causing the watch to slip down over your wrist bone and irritating it. You should wear it tight enough that it stays positioned above the wrist bone (closer to the elbow) cradled in the narrowest area above the wrist. It doesn't need to be overly tight, just tight enough that it won't slip down over your wrist. This will also prevent the crown from contacting the back of your hand and bruising it when you flex it up.

And yes, it's a little on the large side for you, but I've seen far worse. It doesn't look comical on you, so go for it if you like it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're sore because the bracelet is too loose, causing the watch to slip down over your wrist bone and irritating it. You should wear it tight enough that it stays positioned above the wrist bone (closer to the elbow) cradled in the narrowest area above the wrist. It doesn't need to be overly tight, just tight enough that it won't slip down over your wrist. This will also prevent the crown from contacting the back of your hand and bruising it when you flex it up.

And yes, it's a little on the large side for you, but I've seen far worse. It doesn't look comical on you, so go for it if you like it.
Aaaah, so that's how it should be. I've slid the watch a bit to the left so to top bracelet part doesn't pushes my wrist bone. The watch doesn't look as big now. I think this is how it meant to be worn.

Tighten the bracelet a bit. But now I can't flex my hand down. Flexing up is fine. Wondering if you guys can flex your hands down with your bracelet watches.. :think:

Man, the elements that makes up the dial are so fine and detailed. The printing is also very good. The tachymeter engraving text color on the bezel might be a bit too standing out though. But I could spent hours and hours just looking at the dial :-x

1 - 17 of 17 Posts