WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Just got this enicar seapearl from a friend and it's in a very good condition, however, I couldn't find this model with this dial variations, which makes me think it might be a franken. Please check the pics and post any info on what it might be.
Thanks alot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
The dial looks original so does the movement. The case size looks right for the period it was made and the back says it all. If you google "enicar ultrasonic seapearl" then go to images you'll see, in the first 10 rows, a couple of almost identical examples.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dial looks original so does the movement. The case size looks right for the period it was made and the back says it all. If you google "enicar ultrasonic seapearl" then go to images you'll see, in the first 10 rows, a couple of almost identical examples.
Thanks for the response, the thing is I couldn't find one matching this, it's either 17 jewels or labeled differently on the dial like comet which is 23 jewels or seapearl on the dial which is 17 jewels or manual wind, I couldn't find one even remotely similar with a dial just saying incabloc 21 jewels automatic.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks original to me. Probably from the 1950s when to the best of my knowledge, Enicar wasn't yet making their own automatic movements. As such, this is an Adolf Schild Cal. AS 1361, redesignated as an Enicar Cal. AR 1034:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Enicar 1034 (AS 1361N)

Hartmut Richter
Thanks hartmut,
I believe I read that the 6-58 engraved inside the case stands for the month and year of production, June 1958.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Thanks for the response, the thing is I couldn't find one matching this, it's either 17 jewels or labeled differently on the dial like comet which is 23 jewels or seapearl on the dial which is 17 jewels or manual wind, I couldn't find one even remotely similar with a dial just saying incabloc 21 jewels automatic.
Ok, so the dial might be a bit scarce. That does not make the watch franken or particularly valuable or sought after as the case and the movement were probably made in their thousands. All it means that is a nice looking vintage watch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts