WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, a noob here, with very limited Rolex knowledge, so please be gentle. Been saving up for a couple of years now to buy a GMT Coke, and was shopping around one day, and found this vintage explorer at a second-hand watch/ antique dealer. The sales assistant told me this was a 6610 - I didn't question it, nor did I have the sense to look at the serial engravings between the lugs o|. Please see the crappy camera phone photo below:

First of all, after some websurfing for info, is the dial correct for a 6610? I've not seen the SCOC on a 6610, only the "Officially Certified Chronometer" text. With SCOC, it seems to me that this may be a 1016? Also, for either 6610 or 1016, I've never seen the "T Swiss T" marking at the bottom like that before.

Any thoughts on the dial - even if it is a 6610 or a 1016, the "T Swiss T" still bothers me, as it may indicate that it's been refinished? I've been offered this for around USD5k (think it is negotiable) - what would you guys put the value of this piece at? Thanks for any input!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts