WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
No, it is not. This belongs to someone who I wanna help out. I do not know JLC watches, and all I have is a picture of a watch / table clock that do not look high end.

So just tell me is it a fake or not?
What model is it supposed to look like?
Probably genuine. It's a table clock. What do you want to know?
It was probably sitting on a counter at a watch dealers before your buddy got it. Might get 100 euro for it if someone is really looking for one.

I'd give you three fiddy for it.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
JLC has built some strange table clocks and alarm clocks, but none of them had a quartz movement, as far as I know. However, I am anything but a declared expert in this field and therefore please see my statement only with reservations.

Reactions: MrRoy

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
JLC has built some strange table clocks and alarm clocks, but none of them had a quartz movement, as far as I know. However, I am anything but a declared expert in this field and therefore please see my statement only with reservations.
A similar one was sold at auction a while back. Not sure how they authenticated it, though...
Furniture Blue Rectangle Door Clock

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks a lot. The closest I can find is Jaeger-LeCoultre (JLC ref. 5551) quartz table clock from the mid 1970's. With cal. 954Q (quartz movement), serial number 1712589.

Seems the value of this kind of clocks are low, and they tend to stop working.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts